Chapter 4.

Once out of the class, I walked hurriedly through the corridor till the roar of laughter issuing from the class found it difficult to reach my ears. When I looked up, I found myself few feet away from the cafeteria. The cafeteria had an unusual calmness. Very few students were seated dispersed through the room. I went and sat at an isolated table. Once seated, the whole incident started replaying in my head and I felt the heat rising in my face, turning me into an almost darker shade of red.

       Like! How could I have been so stupid! I had been so enchanted by her presence that I didn't even notice the teacher standing there! What must have Radhika thought about me? First, I wasn't able to stop myself from idiotically smiling at her and then, I was caught lost in her fragrance. She must have freaked out and must be thinking what a weirdo I was. I had such a golden opportunity to start a conversation with her and become her friend atleast, but I ruined the whole scenario...

           ***One hour later***

      The period bell rang and i started panicking. From the last 60 minutes, I had been sipping through the soothing coffee of the cafeteria, trying to calm myself down and thinking a way to get rid of this embarrassment. I would be laughed at by every single person. And how am i supposed to face Radhika? Am i supposed to go and apologize? But how can I! I don’t have the face to go upto her. What if she hits me! Within few minutes, people started spilling into the cafeteria. Every guy from my class had a smile on his face after getting a glance of me. I was literally praying for the non-appearance of Radhika.

      We had a fifteen minutes break before the next class. I decided to rather get going to the class- the class would be rather empty and i would escape from the weird glances of the people around me. I was about to get up when i spotted Radhika entering the cafeteria along with her girl friends. I sat down immediately, in an effort to attract her attention as less as possible. At a moment, when i lifted my eyes and tried to spot her, i found her separating from her group and crossing the cafeteria towards me.

       ‘Dude! Be prepared for a slap!’, a voice in my head warned. I sprang up from my seat spilling the left over coffee. I evaluated the options left with me. She was surely going to hit me! Am i supposed to run? That would be too coward of me. Am i supposed to apologize before she speaks or does anything or i am supposed to wait and see what she does? My heart rate had increased so much as if i had just won a marathon. In this nerve-breaking moment also, my heart didn’t fail to notice her beauty. The closer she got, the more i got lost in her eyes. Her eyes were too enchanting for me to notice that she was standing right in front of me. She waved her hands in front of my eyes which dragged me to reality.

       “Hey!” she spoke in the voice which had so completely gripped me since the last four years. I had to secretly pinch myself to keep me getting back to reality rather than getting lost in admiring her. “Can i?” she motioned towards the empty chair across the table.

   “ Yea.. Yeah! Sure... just...” i stammered as i picked up the fallen coffee copy...

A/N:

Really really really really really sorry for the very late update. And we know its a very short chapter but sorry? we promise to be improving upon the length of the chapters. Keep reading and voting. Do comment.

Sam_&_Satyadeep