Papa Francis.

"Angleterre... come out?"

Arthur blew his nose irritably and bent over his desk again, ignoring the soft knocking on his locked door, focusing on his work.

"Come out, pour moi?"

Attemoting focus and failing both mentally and physically; his head was a screaming mess and the paper was blurring. A drop fell onto the middle of the page. He sniffed hard and scrubbed it away. The ink smudged.

"Shit! Bloody hell-"

Breathing hard, he glared at the paper.

"Angleterre?"

"SOD OFF, FROG!"

The knocking stopped and was replaced with silence.

Rather than being relieved, the waterworks threatened to burst their banks and his head sunk into his hands. Arthur started crying. Stress, anger, fatigue, desperation, dread, he didn't know. He had a list that kept getting longer. And especially lengthened whenever someone like that bloody frog tried to help!

They should just leave him alone, useless twats...

"Angleterre, it'll be raining terribly hard in London.."

Arthur's head snapped up. Francis smiled sadly, one hand resting gently on the desk. Their gaze lingered for a moment before Arthur felt the hot tracks down his face and tore the look away, down to his shoes, scrubbing furiously at the offending tears.

"H-how the bloody hell did you get in here?" he snapped, glaring holes into his shoes.

Francis watched him and replied softly, "I wanted to talk to you," when there was no reply, he continued, "Amérique is so upset-"

Arthur snorted. And then immediately wished that he hadn't.

"And Canada needs his papa."

"Why doesn't he just talk to you? Canada has nothing to do with me, I-" he slammed his hands on the desk, "I have to work."

"Angleterre..." Francis circled the table and crouched down beside the chair, "Canada needs both of his papas."

The banks burst.

Why did they always have to get in the way of his work like this?

A hand closed over his, and another stroked his chin and raised his head. Green met blue and Francis smiled as a couple of tears escaped down his cheeks and he murmured, "come on out, Arthur."

"...b-bloody hell, Francis, Paris is going to be swamped-"

Francis laughed as Arthur sniffed and scrubbed his eyes, then sternly wiped away the other's tears.

Ah, that's why.