18

"I can't believe you called her, Mary!"  I hear Sebastian exclaim in a hushed voice. I guess to not disturb me. Obviously that's not working because I can hear them.

"I had to do it to save her! In case you haven't realized, I'm a werewolf not a goddamn Lycan, I know very little about Lycan/human pregnancies. Victoria is more experienced in this area."

"She's also experienced in kidnapping children." Sebastian retorts bitterly.

"Well it was either that or let the mother of your child die and become an incubator for your unborn child. Now, shut up, your yelling has woken her up."

I frown when they suddenly go quiet and I start to feel their gaze on me. Feeling awkward, I open my eyes and look back at them.

"Who's Victoria? And why is she an expert on kidnapping children?" I ask to end the awkward silence as we stare at each other in silence.

"She's the woman who saved your life." Dr.Redding simply says.

"Why did she save my life? What happened?" I ask.

"You don't remember?" Sebastian asks, a concerned expression on his face.

"All I remember is the whole Vanessa thing and then everything after that is blank."

"You screamed and then lost consciousness. I'm pretty sure I broke several laws trying to get you to the hospital."

"And when you got here you kept slipping in and out of consciousness, but only for no more than five minutes and you were screaming each time. You were in excruciating pain."

"What? Why? Is the baby okay?" I ask frantically as I reach under the hospital sheets to rub my growing belly.

"The baby is fine. You were experiencing the consequences of not having shifted into your wolf." A woman who enters the room says. She's a beautiful woman with raven black hair that's pulled back into a tight ponytail. Despite being pale, her pale skin glows as she stands under the artificial light. Her thin red lips press into a warm smile as she approaches me, her long elegant fingers flipping over the clipboard that holds my charts.

"Victoria, get out. You're not a doctor." Sebastian growls.

"And yet the doctor you hired called me here. I can't believe you didn't call me sooner Sebastian. I thought we were closer than that."

"Forgive me for not wanting a baby stealer around my unborn child." Sebastian says ferociously which causes Victoria's dark blue eyes to twitch.

"Well I'm here and I don't plan on leaving until that child is born. Obviously none of you have any experience with Lycan pregnancies so you need me. Don't deny it. If it weren't for me Amelia would be dead right now and a couple days later so would your unborn child." Victoria bites back at him before turning back to me with a smile.

I lean away from her.

No way in hell do I want a child stealer anywhere near me or my baby.

"See what you've done Sebastian? Ss thinks I'm going to take your child. Amelia, I can assure you I have no desire to take yours and Sebastian's child. I simply want to aid you through this pregnancy. There will be somethings that will happen that don't usually happen in human pregnancies. Take what happened today for example. Lycan children take a lot of your iron. Which means you need to take Iron supplements everyday until the baby is born, maybe even after for a while. Since none of you knew that, Amelia has never taken them so the baby keeps taking and taking until it sucked you dry. Well not completely, it would have sucked you dry a couple of days later, this was just your body's way of warning you that you were running low."

"Oh, so what happens now?"

"Now you just have to take Iron supplements for the next year or so."

"Okay, I can do that." I say with a head nod.

"Alright then. Now, Sebastian, be a good mate and take your pregnant mate home to rest." Victoria says in a tone that even I know not to question or defy her.

Sebastian and I watch in silence as Victoria and Dr. Redding walk out of the room. Once the door closes it's then that he lets go of the whole tough guy act he's been playing and I see how stressed out he really is. His brows are furrowed in a frozen stressed expression and his lips form a deep frown.

"Sebastian, what's wrong?" I ask with a frown.

"What? Nothing's wrong, everything's fine." He says with a forced smile.

"Don't lie to me, it's a known scientific fact that women can sense when someone is lying to them." I say stubbornly.

"Well then I guess nothing can get past you, huh?"

"Nope, now come on and tell me what's wrong." I say as I point to the chair that's placed next to my hospital bed.

I smile proudly as Sebastian makes his way to my bedside and practically collapses on the chair.

"Well?" I say expectantly.

"I'm sorry." He says so quietly that if I wasn't listening I would have missed it.

"For what?"

"For, I don't know, putting you in this mess and practically ruining your life."

"I don't recall you ruining my life." I say as I pretend to think about it.

"Amelia, I'm serious. If it weren't for me you wouldn't be pregnant right now, you wouldn't be having to fear your life every time you step out of the house. You wouldn't have such a horrible perception of the people that used to call your family. You would be happy."

"I don't know if I should smack you or hug you right now." I say out loud. "But since you look really upset right now, I'll go with hug you." I add as I get out of the horrible hospital bed and place myself on his lap before wrapping my arms around his neck and laying my head in the crook of his neck.

"You didn't ruin my life Sebastian. In fact I think you helped start it. If it weren't for you I would be letting myself believe that Melissa and her family truly loved me when all they were doing was making sure I didn't turn into a werewolf. And I think finding out about Vanessa's life will bring us closer than before. And let's not forget that you've given me a child Sebastian. A child." I bring my hands to cup his face, lifting my head as I do so.

"Maybe not everybody has to fight for their life left and right, but not everyone's life is the same. But I know that when I'm with you I'm safe and no harm will come to me or our child. You haven't ruined my life. You've made it better."

I smile softly as a lone tear slips from his eyes.

"You're so beautiful you know that?" He says as he tucks in a piece of hair behind my ear. "And I am so god damn lucky." He says before smashing his lips against mine.