Chapter Five

Castiel wrapped his arms around Dean's neck, his crutches falling to the ground. The older man was not expecting such a movement, but he was not going to complain. Dean let a smile cross his face as he hugged back.

After the hug ceased, Castiel quickly pulled away and placed his small hands on Dean's shoulders.

"That does not mean I condone you drinking an entire liquor store, okay? Please pace yourself of you feel the need to have a beer. If not for me, for yourself." Dean looked down at the floor. He was unsure of whether or not he is able to actually do what Cas is asking of him. After a second of thinking, he looked Castiel in the eyes and smiled, nodding.

"Okay. Pace myself." Cas smiled once more and let go of Dean. He awkwardly tried to bend over and grab his crutches, but Dean stopped him. Instead, he helped Castiel into the kitchen and ran back to grab his necessities.

---

After they had lunch, Castiel decided to do some browsing while Dean took a short nap. He wanted to get out of the house and do something, but he did not know what he could do without hurting his leg. 

'Fun things to do near me,' he typed into the search engine.

"Waterski? Yeah, I am not trying to go to hospital with my leg ripped open again. Zoo? Too much walking. Museum? Boring." Cas rubbed his temples and shut his computer. That was when his phone started ringing. Reaching behind the laptop, he picked his phone up and answered the call.

"Hello?" Castiel questioned.

"Hey, kid! How the hell are ya?" Bobby somewhat shouted. They had not heard from each other in a while. Bobby was starting to get worried.

"Getting better. I should be able to come back into work in about a week," Cas reassured.

"Oh good. That's wonderful. It's getting lonely here! First you've gone and my best customer leaves."

"What?" Castiel questioned, completely oblivious to who the best customer was.

"Dean. Dean Winchester stopped showing up. I ran by his place and it seems he was evicted. I'm worried about that kid. Whadaya think happened to him?" Cas looked over at his couch to see the man in question. His mouth slightly agape and the couch afghan sprawled across his body. It made Cas grin a little.

"Hello? Ya still there?" Bobby questioned.

"Wha- Ye-Yeah. I'm still here. What was the question again?"

"What do ya think happened to Dean?"

"Not sure. Maybe he found someone to settle down with," Castiel said, thinking about how his life would look if Dean settled down with him.

"I doubt it. That idjit couldn't abstain from drinking if it meant the life of him." Cas rolled his eyes and went back to rubbing his temples.

"You never know, Bobby." There was a slight chuckle from the other end of the line. Bobby obviously thought the idea of Dean Winchester not drinking and falling in love with someone was hilarious.

"You always think that everyone is worth saving. I like that about you, ya know," Bobby admitted.

"Yeah, you told me that the first day we met, too."

"I guess I did, didn't I? Well, get some rest and call every once in awhile. Don't get me worried."

"Alright, Bobby. I'll see you in a week hopefully."

"Hopefully." Castiel smirked and hung up the phone. He placed the device back on the table and pulled himself to his feet. Placing his crutches under his arm, he staggered over to the free couch and plopped down, flicking the television on. 

There was a movie playing on the station that Cas left the tv on last time. The movie was called 'Mommie Dearest.' It was at the part where the mother starts choking her daughter. Castiel quickly changed the channel but he had already seen what the movie offered. It sent a memory through his head. 

He started crying. Castiel tried to make his sobs quiet so he did not wake his sleeping neighbor on the other couch. Although his tearful state was quiet, Dean still woke up. Not because Cas was being loud but because he was done sleeping.

Dean tilted his head over to look at Cas and then he looked up at the ceiling, closing his eyes again. Once what he saw processed through his head, he kicked the blanket off of him and pressed over to Castiel.

"What's wro- What happened?" Dean asked, sitting on his knees in front of Cas. When the younger man did not answer, he sighed. Dean reached up and took Cas' hands.

"Are you okay, Cas?" Dean inquired, his voice soft, pulling Castiel's hands away from his face. The younger man simply looked at the older. His face was red from crying and his eyes bloodshot. Dean stretched out his back, sitting up high, and placed a soft kiss on Cas' cheek then resting his head onto the younger man's. It only made him cry more.

"I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong," he whispered into Castiel's ear. When Cas said nothing, Dean sighed and pulled his face away. He looked down at his feel.

"You don't want to talk about it. I understand. I'll leave you be then," Dean spoke again, standing up. He was expecting Cas to grab his arm and say, "Don't go. I want you to stay with me," but this wasn't a movie. Castiel just pulled his face back into his hands and sobbed again. Dean loudly exhaled as he started for Cas' bedroom.

When he sat down on the bed, he looked over at his journal. He picked the book up and caressed the leather, running his fingers over the lettering. There was a slight pause before he decided to open the book and flip to the last page he wrote on. Dean scanned the page and saw where Castiel had wrote in it.

"You did not screw up," Dean whispered to himself. He let a smile peek its way onto his face.

Seizing his pen, he flipped the page and made another entry.

"July 19th, 2016,

He's upset and won't tell me why. I'm kinda worried about the kid. Maybe he just needs time."

Closing the book, he placed it on the pillow and left the room. When he looked around the corner at the couch he saw that Cas had laid down and was trying to fall asleep. Dean waltzed over and grabbed the purple and blue afghan that he was covered up with earlier and laid it over Castiel. He sighed and went into the kitchen, grabbing a pop and sitting at the table.

------------

Very anti climactic chapter. Sorry.