Chapter Eleven

The chime of silverware falling and people screaming was all Castiel could hear before there was silence. It was finally peaceful in his head. The black border between reality and his eyes changed into waves of serene colour. Blues melted into purple which faded to orange and green until it mended into nothing at all. It was just empty, white space. It was all white and in the distance he could hear the rough voice of Dean Winchester. He could not make out what he was saying, but he decided to follow the sound. It got darker as Castiel got closer to Dean, every step bringing him closer to reality. He peered back at the almost non existent white light before taking two steps forward into consciousness. Cas' eyes hesitantly opened to see Dean and Sam staring down at him.

"Oh thank God," Dean said, a smile of relief appearing upon his lips.

"Let's go lay him on his bed. He might like that better than the floor," Sam whispered but Castiel still heard it.

"I'm fine," Cas said, sitting up. He raised up too fast for his head to comprehend, making him dizzy. He pressed a cold palm onto his face and lightly shook his head.

"You're not fine. You need to rest," Dean said, eyes worried and his voice sad. Cas took one long look at him. He saw how scared he was and despite all of his pride, he gave in. He wanted Dean to be happy. He wanted Dean to stop worrying.

"Okay... w-will you help me up?" Castiel asked putting both of his arms up, weakly, to be taken by both men. They helped him into his room and then into his bed. Cas, at this point, decided to take it easy. He decided this not for himself, but for Dean.

The two brothers stepped to the side and had a quick chat, no doubt about Castiel, before Sam walked out of the room, giving Cas a half-smile, leaving just the two. Dean walked back over to the bed and started to tuck Cas into the covers. He turned the bedside fan on, as well as the overhead, and then just sat on the side of the mattress. Dean just stared at Castiel.

"You had me worried, Cas, " Dean finally said, "what on earth happened?" Cas knew what it was that caused this episode. He did not want to tell Dean, though, that he cannot handle all of the people in his house because that would mean Sam, Jessica, and Mary would have nowhere to stay, thus cutting their trip short. Cas could not do that to Dean. Not after everything Dean had been through.

"I probably just haven't eaten enough today... I'm just glad it happened while I was here instead of while I was out," Castiel lied. Dean looked into his blue eyes and then leaned forward, pressing a light kiss upon Cas' head. Pressing their foreheads together, Dean said, "Alright. I'll grab some food for you. Sam made veggie burgers just for when you got back. Let me go fix you a plate. I won't be too long." Dean then walked out of the room and Cas sat up. His head was spinning but he was okay. He had to be okay. Dean came back with two plates. One for himself and one for Castiel.

"You're eating with me?" Cas asked, taking the warm saucer from Dean's outreached hand.

"Yeah, I didn't want you to eat alone." Castiel felt bad.

"Dean, go eat with your family."

"You are my family and I don't want you to eat alone."

"Listen to me. I'll be fine long enough for you to eat with your brother, sister-in-law, and niece. I want this to be a memorable experiance for you all... Seriously. You and I can eat together another time." Dean peered down at his plate and then back at Castiel before asking, "are you sure?"

"Positive. I love you."

"I love you, too."

With that, Dean walked out and went to eat with his family. Castiel pulled out his iPhone and pulled up his Hulu. He caught up on the latest episode of Law and Order: SVU while he ate his veggie burger.

----

When Cas felt better, he decided to head into the living room to check up on everyone. This time he was ready. His mind prepared for the overlapping coversations, interruptions, and overall hectic antics of Dean and his family.

As he walked into the room, he did not hear loud banging nor did he hear multiple people talking at the same time. He saw the family surrounding this television watching a show called "Hotel Beau Séjour" while Mary was playing with Sam's phone.

"Oh, Cas! Come sit with us," Sam called, pointing to the cushion beside of Dean. Castiel took a light breath of relief and walked over, sitting down beside of his lover. He felt Dean put his arm around him, so he leaned into it and whole-heartedly smiled. The blond bent down and kissed his lover's head.

"Uncle Dean, why do you kiss Cas like mommy and daddy do? Is Cas a girl?" Mary asked, still playing with Sam's phone. The two men's face got red but before either could answer, Jess stepped in and said, "sweetie, sometimes two men like each other just like a man and a woman. It's no different."

"Really?"

"Yes, baby," Jess giggled, resting her head on Sam's shoulder.

----

"It's time for you to go to bed, kiddo," Sam laughed, picking up Mary. She was on the verge of falling asleep on the floor of the living room.

"You guys are in the bedroom to the left. The mattress has been set up. All you have to do is unfold the blankets," Castiel said, pointing down the hall.

"Thanks again for this, Cas," Sam smiled, carrying his tired little girl down the hallway. Jessica followed, leaving Dean and Cas alone on the couch. It was only nine o'clock.

Castiel looked up at Dean. He stared at his neck. At all of the hickeys left behind from their night of fun. He could see the new ones that were left the other day. It made him feel like a schoolgirl.

"What are you lookin' at?" Dean asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Cas sang, taking his gaze from the lovemarks and focused on the t.v. that was playing "NCIS," a show Sam enjoyed. Dean rolled his eyes and put his hand under Cas' chin, making him look over. When their eyes met, Dean pressed his lips to Cas'.

"Aye, keep it PG. I have a little girl in the next room and I really don't want to have to tell her what she was hearing in the middle of the night was 'wrestling,'" Sam whispered as he came back down the hallway with Jess.

"Oh alright," Dean jokingly sighed and Cas laughed. As the other couple sat back down in the family room, Cas took a moment to think. He thought about how this is the kind of family moments he wants. Castiel thought about how he never got a chance to have this while he was with his family. He never wanted this to end, but like all things, it came to an end. At midnight, everyone went to bed.

"That was fun," Cas said as he slipped into his pajamas.

"Yeah, except for the part where we thought you died on us, I would say it was a very successful day," joked Dean and Castiel rolled his eyes, shimmying himself under the covers. Dean followed after he turned the lights off. Cas felt the warm arms of Dean snake around him a few seconds after the room went black. He felt safe as he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

[Lmao sorry if this was a shitty chapter. It literally took me months to get anywhere but I think I finally have a stable plotline here. <3]