Chapter Thirteen

Castiel woke up to feel Dean's arms draped around him. He was warm and made Castiel feel safe. Cas flipped over to meet Dean's wide awake gaze. It was enough to make Cas jump.

"Jesus Christ, I thought you were still asleep," Cas choked out after his initial scare.

"I thought you were still asleep," Dean laughed a little, still holding Castiel in his arms and Cas rolled his eyes, pecking Dean on the lips and then burying his head into the nape of his neck. Dean tightened his grip, pulling this smaller man closer to his body.

"I love you," Dean whispered and Castiel smiled. Dean could feel it against his collarbone.

"I love you, too," Castiel whispered back before lightly pushing Dean back and getting up to get dressed for the day.

----

Dean and Cas decided to take Sam, Jess, and Mary to see an afternoon movie seeing as Cas had to work a late shift again that night. It was a choice between 'Me Before You' and 'Sing.' Of course, they went to see Sing because Mary was with them... plus Sam and Dean were not that big on sappy, sad movies. If Castiel had it his way, they would all be in the theatre crying over fictional characters and relatable plotlines instead of laughing at a koala hosting a singing competition... but it was Dean's family and Castiel really liked Dean so he would do anything to make him happy.

About halfway through the movie, Castiel had the sudden and uncomfortable urge to use the bathroom. He quietly got up and rushed to the restroom and once he was done, he decided to soak his face. It was hot in the theatre so Cas was sweating... very heavily. It was almost concerning but he brushed it off as part of the stuff from last night.

"I'm fine," Cas whispered, splashing water on his face and wiping it with a paper towel. As he was about to leave, he started coughing uncontrollably. The coughing almost knocked him off of his feet, making him grab the sink as he coughed in his hand. As soon as he stopped coughing, he looked into his hand to see little splatters of blood. It was a worrying sight.

"This isn't a symptom of heat stroke," Castiel mumbled as he stared at the blood, but before he could pull his phone out to lookup what it could have been, the door opened. It was Dean. Cas quickly wiped his hand on his black pants and smiled.

"I was just about to lea-." Dean cut Castiel off with his lips, pulling Cas closer to him.

"What was that for?" Castiel asked once they broke apart.

"I dunno... I just haven't really kissed you like that in a while," Dean confessed, scratching the back of his neck, "plus that movie is getting on my nerves. I'm not an animated movie kind of guy. Maybe we should have just seen that sappy movie." Castiel rolled his eyes and pecked Dean's lips before wriggling loose of his grip and opening the door.

"I'll see you back in the theatre," Cas whispered before walking out. He wanted to forget all about the bloody coughing... but it was just too scary for Cas to think about. He wanted to watch this movie and go to work... but even then he was worried that Bobby was going to send him home for what happened last night.

"It's okay. It's okay," Cas repeated to himself as he walked to the theatre.

[Short... sorry. I needed a quick filler. The end is coming up soon so... be prepared]