[Chapter Two] The Huntress and Her Quest

“Se-Seraphim Gredhand?” Fray said, also surprised by the sudden appearance of one of the strongest hunters who had lived. Furthermore, he didn’t expect her to be a girl which seemed to be at the same age as him.

“Well, at least you know my name.” She smirked. Her gray eyes were staring at him, particularly at the sword he was holding.

“I’m quite sure that you know what kind of Soul Arm Zaffre is, right?” She said. Her voice was sounding more annoyed as each second passed.

“Uhh… a Second Gen. Soul Arm?” He said, unsure of his answer.

“Correct. Do you know how hard it is to find one of those?”She asked, which sounded more like a threat.

“I don’t know. I got it from my father.” He grunted, he became more annoyed at her chain of questions.

“Whatever.” She sighed. Then, she handed him a piece of paper, it looked like a homunculus bounty poster with a picture of a hooded figure. “Do you know him?”

He stared at the poster unknowingly. It was tattered and old, but the name of the homunculus was written clearly in large letters.

Etre

Type: Humanoid Homunculus

Danger Level: 5 (Rank B-A)

Gold Reward: 1,000,000 Rieve gold

Note:  None of the few who had faced him had survived. Beware of the darkness, you might be already dead and you are still not aware of it.

“Etre.” Cellina joined as she eyed the poster, her eyes full of interest. “He is the homunculus with the highest bounty. Most people say that he’s the strongest though it is high doubtable since it’s just loosely based on the fact that no one had survived him. He’s also known for being a thief. He always leaves a note on the place he will rob the next day. The note always tells the object that he will steal and what time he’ll steal it. Many attempts have been performed to stop him but none have been successful.”

“A phantom thief.” Seraphim finished with a smile.

“So… your point being?” He said, sounding more confused but a hint of interest was in his voice.

“Well, since you’ve got a starting rank of B and all, you’ve gained quite a lot of attention. Additionally, you also got a 2nd generation Soul Arm which is very rare…. So I tho-“

“Stop beating around the bush and get straight to the point.” He cut her off. He knew that she was just lengthening their conversation for no obvious reason.

She looked at him straight into the eyes. Her eyes had a hint of worry but they looked very serious. “The higher ups ordered me to tell you to hunt him. The news of you and your rank was widespread. And Etre showed up again, the last time he did, the city’s economy weakened because of his thefts. They don’t want that to happen again.”  She said in a cold tone.

She then handed him an envelope. It was black and silky to the point that it almost seemed that it was cloth instead of paper. He quickly snatched it from her hand and opened it.  He took the note which was inside and read it slowly.

Skyline Clock-tower

Aurammer’s Clock.

10:00 p.m.

“Skyline…” Cellina’s voice trailed off as she peeked on the note behind Fray’s back. “Isn’t that the highest building in the city?” She asked. She still sounded calm despite the sudden seriousness of the situation.