Starting Over

Beginnings. They can be exciting but nerve racking. Today was my first day at Iwatobi High school.

I wasn't exactly happy about my mom moving me from my old school, but I can't do anything about it. So I just smile and hope for the best.

I opened my windows and crawled out of bed. I opened my dresser and pulled out a clean school uniform.

I quickly went into the bathroom and stripped down to take a shower. School didn't start for awhile, but I wanted to be ready early so I didn't stress my mom out.

She has been very stressed lately, so I don't want to add anymore. She works full time and is a single parent.

My father left us when I was a small child. I don't even remember him, the only thing I have of him is a family picture. But my mom hates looking at it, so I hide it in my room. Some day I plan on going to find him, but I have to wait a couple more years.

I quickly finished my shower and jumped out then dried off. I then put my new uniform on and dried my hair off. As I combed my (L/H) (H/C), my mom knocked on the door and walked in.

"Good Morning (Y/N), I made (F/F) for you since it's your first day! So when you're ready, come out and eat." She kissed the top of my head and headed out.

Finally after touching up my hair, I headed to the kitchen. I never wear makeup, because it's so much work to keep up with. Plus I like being totally natural!

I walked into the kitchen and got myself some (F/F) then sat at the table with my mom.

"Thank you so much for breakfast! I'll try my best at school today." I reassured my mom as I ate.

"Listen (Y/N). My work needs me to go to China for some business for a week. Will you be ok here by yourself?" My mom's face fell into a sympathetic look.

"I'll be ok! I know how hard you're working for a promotion at work, so try your best and I will too." I smiled at her and she looked down at the table.

"They always ask me to leave town at the worst times and I'm so sorry about this. But you're the best daughter anyone could ask for!" She looked up and smiled at me. Then she looked at the time, "(Y/N), you should head to school now. You'll wanna be early for your first day!"

I nodded and quickly finished my breakfast, then I grabbed my backpack and slipped my shoes on.

My mom gave me a long hug then patted my head, "I'm leaving in late afternoon, so I won't see you for a week. I love you."

"I love you too mom. I'll call you and tell you about my first day today!" And with that, I headed off to school.

As I walked down the street, I saw lot of kids in the same uniform as me and I started to feel a bit nervous.

Finally the school came into view and I entered with caution. After changing my shoes, I walked into the office to talk to the lady.

"Good morning! I came to pick up my schedule, it's my first day." I bowed toward the lady and she nodded.

"Here." She handed the schedule to me then pointed at a school map, "here's your  home room."

I bowed again and thanked her then I headed to my class.

I had already completed a year of high school easily, but I felt uneasy. My first day as a second year was going to be a roller coaster.