Sharing

Hey guys, I can write again! For those who don't know I had surgery a couple weeks ago, that's why I didn't update. But I'm back so I hope you enjoy!
************************************

After practice I rushed home and texted Makoto saying he could come over anytime and he told me he was on his way.

I got some tea ready and watched tv till I heard a knock on my door, I got up and answered it.

"Hey Makoto, come on in!" I opened the door and he smiled.

"Thank you, I'm sorry for the such short notice by the way!" He apologized and I showed him the way to the living room.

I got us some tea and sat down, "So what did you wanna talk about?"

"I wanted to ask a question if that's ok with you." He sipped his tea and I nodded.

"Of course! What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Well the way you talked about swimming today made me realize how much you love it, so I was wondering why you don't do it anymore." My expression fell a little bit and he immediately panicked. "You don't have to tell me if it makes you uncomfortable! I was just wondering because I wanna know if I can help in any way!"

I looked down and debated if I should tell him or not. It's not really a secret but it's just hard to revisit.

"I don't mind sharing it with you, but please don't tell anyone on the swim team. I'd rather tell them myself sometime." I looked up at him finally and he nodded.

"Of course, this will stay between us completely." He gave me a sweet smile and I smiled slightly back.

I sighed, "Well I used to swim all the time, but in middle school I was in a car crash. I was sitting criss cross in the passenger seat, and when we started driving after a stop sign a drunk driver collided into my side and my left knee broke. It was so bad I had to get a knee replacement."

(In Japan the wheel is on the right side so her left knee broke.)

Makoto looked surprised, "(Y/N)... I'm so sorry, I wasn't expecting that."

I smiled, "Don't be sorry! It's ok, I went through physical therapy but the doctor said I shouldn't swim again. I can run and stuff but I have to do lots of stretches and I have to take it easy. But I do dream about swimming again."

I stood up and took the tea glasses in the kitchen and he followed me. After I set them down he gave me a hug.

"If you ever need anything at all, don't hesitate to call me, ok?" I nodded and hugged him back.

"Thank you Makoto, I feel a lot better that someone knows now." I broke the hug and Makoto looked at the time.

"Well it's getting late, I'll see you tomorrow at school, ok?" He gave me his signature smile again and I nodded.

"Yep!" I walked him to the door and opened it, "Thanks again Makoto!"

We said our goodbyes and I closed the door and sighed.

I picked up my phone and sat on the couch and saw I had multiple text messages from Kou.

Kou- (F/N)! I need to talk to you!

Kou- Call me when you can, it's about my brother.

I quickly called her and she answered immediately.