Joining

Previously:
"No problem," we stood in silence for a minute, "um... So what's your name?"

He looked up at me and gave me a small smirk, "Rin. Matsuoka Rin."

Now:

I looked at him for a moment. "Would you happen to be relative to Matsuoka Gou?"

He took a big gulp of water then closes the bottle, "You know my sister? Who are you?"

I immediately bowed, "my name is (L/N) (Y/N). But you can just call me (Y/N)."

He tilted his head, "I'm gonna call you (L/N)."

I pouted, "Oh ok."

"So why are you out here at night all alone?" He looked up at me and ran his fingers through his hair.

My face turned a hint of pink as he messed with his hair, "I was just jogging. I'm not in any sports so I like to run a lot."

Which was totally true. I was never good at sports, the only sport I liked when I was little was swimming. But I had to quit swimming because I broke my knee really badly when I was in middle school and it ruined my swimming. I had lived in Tokyo with my mom at the time and I swam there till my accident happened. I had to recover for 8 months and go to physical therapy for a long time. Lucky I met a friend there who kept me happy.

"You should join a sport, see I'm the captain of a swim team at my school." He smiled proudly at me and a sorrow feeling took place in me since I knew I'd never be able to swim.

But I put a smile on my face, "That's really cool! What school?"

"I go to an all boys school called Samezuka. You know, you should try out swimming sometime." He opened his water again and finished the rest of it off.

I looked down, "I can't. But I do know a lot about swimming, what stroke do you swim?"

He looked kind of confused by my reaction but shrugged it off, "Butterfly and Freestyle."

I hadn't been near a pool in years and now I longed to be near one from all this pool talk today.

"Um Rin. Can I.... See the pool at your school?" I wasn't sure if that was a weird question or not so I avoided eye contact.

He smirked, "Sure, meet me here tomorrow. Right after school." He turned around and started to jog off. "Don't be late!" He did a small motion with his hand as wave goodbye as he ran away.

Stunned by the events I walked home. All I could think about was Rin. I couldn't wait for tomorrow after school now.

*****TIMESKIP BY THE LITTLE EMOTIONAL SHARK RIN*******

I woke up the next morning and jumped out of bed. Today, I get to meet Rin again. I don't know why, but I felt drawn to him.

I grabbed a new uniform from my dresser and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I was getting ready extra quick today. After I finished showering, I put the uniform on and did my hair extra neat today.

I didn't even bother to make breakfast this morning though, I was too lazy. I walked down the hallway to my front door and sat down to put my shoes on. As I tied the laces I started humming a small tune. Then I continued to hum as I walked out the door. I walked to school with a smile on my face then I heard someone call out to me.