White Warrior - 28.

* Recap *

I closed my eyes when he did that. ‘If I could, I would’ve done it,’ I whispered and looked at him. ‘I love you’ he said. My heart skipped a beat at those three words. Even though we belonged to each other, this was the first time he said it.

I felt happy and looked at him with all the love in the world. ‘Forever and always’.

‘I love you too, Evan.’ I snuggled into his chest and listened to his heartbeat until I fell asleep.

White Warrior - 28.

‘Let me know when you’re back, okay?’ and I gave him a kiss through the car window. ‘Yes mom, I will’ and I looked at him dryly. ‘Don’t wory’ and he gave me a quick kiss before I took a step back.

‘Okay, I’ll hear from you. And about tomorrow, be careful and watch out, please. I don’t know what’ll happen to me if I lose you.’ And I looked at him with sad eyes. I saw him looking serious. ‘Nothing will happen, I promise.’

I saw a picture flashing by and I recognised it being from last night when he said he loved me. I saw myself freezing until my eyes started to glow with happiness and it looked like someone who just found the love of her life. What also was of course.

I sent him the same back and when he received it I received a warm smile. Then he drove away and I saw how he drove the paved road back home.

Everyone then prepared for what was happening tomorrow. They packed some things and brought that to the cellars. Every house had a cellar, one that was well hidden and almost impenetrable. Every now and then I saw Olivia bringing something down while I was chatting with James, Denise and Laila. Chris had some things to do, so he couldn’t be there.

‘At one side I don’t like it, but on the other side I feel excited.’ I looked at James strangely. ‘And now again?’. ‘Sorry, but maybe it’s because we’re werewolves. Just a little fight now and then, like wolves do?’ I still looked at him strangely, but I got the point.

How much I hated it when Lindsey and I had to fight our ways out of something. Us is I actually. But it always had something, maybe it was the rush you got from it. The adrenaline racing through our body and put all your senses at 100 percent. The feeling you were indestructible. That was how I felt, especially  when I had killed one again.

‘But you’ll be careful, won’t you?’ Laila asked caringly. ‘Of course!’ said James. ‘They won’t get me down that easy.’ Hmm.. Until you’re there and sees what happens I thought. ‘Alex?’.’Sorry?’ and I looked up. Apparently I was zoned out again.

‘Are you just as excited as James?’. ‘I wouldn’t call it excited, but I am some sort of agitated I think. I just don’t want to think about the possibility of others getting hurt. Not here and neither at the White Legends. And if Evan gets hurt or worse, killed? Then... then I wouldn’t know...’ I really don’t want to think about that.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked at my side. ‘It’ll be alright Alex, he’ll be fine. You’ll be too, us too and the White Legends also, really’ James said. ‘Thank you,’ and I smiled at him. I wasn’t that worried about myself though, it was more about the others. Before this, it was only Lindsey that I had to worry about. Now it was two complete packs including my mate.

‘Where will it happen?’ I asked. I had absolutely no clue where it would take place. ‘A place a lot farther away, between us and the White legends. Thomas and Kevin of the White Legends followed them and they appeared to be there quite some time, so we’ll head over there and surprise them.’

After that, we just chit-chatte a little and watched some TV.  The rest of the day flew by awfully fast and some older man and the Hunters were called to Ben.