Mushroom Kingdom Veterans (Sneak Peek)

Starting off with the most notable of the veterans is Mario. A plumber by career, and a hero by reputation. He is an all around fighter, with a wide varity of skills, and moves to help him stay in the game. Ever since the first tournament he has been surprising the viewers with his fighting style. Switching it up with every fight, he can easily change the flow of the match to suit his needs. Wither it be fending off the opponent from a distance, or pummeling the unfortunate foe in close quaters.

He has the ability to manipulate fire, grow in size, or even fly for short periods of time. His arsenal of moves is not just limited to those. He can also wield ice and deflect most, if not all projectiles that come at him. Certianly a deadly foe to contend with.

During the first Super Smash Bros., Mario was ultimately denied a win that was thought to be his, when he was knocked out by Capt. Falcon's "Faclon Punch." It wasn't until the second tournament when Mario had gotten a another chance to fight Capt. Falcon. Though it had been a long and exhuasting match, mario came out on top and proceeded to the finals, to where he would claim the title of champ for the Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament. Though in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario would lose this title when he was taken out by Snake in the pleminaries, when Snake had used the smash ball to secure his win.

Then there is Luigi, the younger of the two brothers. Like his brother, Luigi has been in all the tournaments so far. Though do to his meek demeanor and his inability to tolerate fear, Luigi has never made it past the second round, but this time around he seems to have overcome that.

Luigi, like Mario, is also a plumber by trade, and a hero by reputation. He also has a wide variety of moves to choose from like his older brother. Luigi can control both fire and lightning freely, as well as any other abilities that Mario can access. He can turn himself into a human missle when ever he pleases, and if used correctly, this technique can help him recover from a potiental KO. There are tons of other tricks that he keeps up his sleeves, such as his alter, Mr. L.

Luigi has the potiental to be a top contender, but his timid personality holds him back. If he were to wield all of his power to its full extent, he would even give Mario a run for his coins. Maybe this is the year he finally places in the top three.

Then there is the adorable little dinosuar dragon hybrid thingy, that everyone knows and loves, Yoshi. The companion of Mario since he was a little baby, Yoshi has faught the minions of Bowser just as much as Mario has. Though he is limited in means of offensive attacks, Yoshi does what he does best. Jump and engulf his enemies, leaving them helpless to a flurry of rentless combos. It was because of his fast hitting combos that he was able to defeat Ganondorf in both the Melee and Brawl tournament prelimenaries.

The seemingly docile dinosuar dragon thing can tap into hits hidden potiental, as well as fly, spit fire or even cause small earthquakes. Mario's little helper may be a terror for him if he ever had to go up agianst his lovable partner.