Chapter 5

"What the hell Tony?" Steve shouted at Tony when he grabbed the bottle from his hand. "Why do you do this to yourself." He had threw the bottle and was gripping Tony by his small shoulders.

Tony felt a lump in his throat and tears starting to come to his eyes. "Bruce told you what was going to happen!" Tony yelled trying to wiggle free from Steve's strong grasp. "Why do you even care so much anyway? No one else does." Tony hung his head down grumbling the last part.

It was Steve's turn to fight back the tears. Instead of saying anything back, he tightened his grip on the child.

"You're hurting me." Tony whimpered and reached up his hand to try and pry the other man's hand away.

"Good. Know you know what it feels like, to us, to me." Steve starred into Tony's eyes and his voice was stronger that he thought it would be. He didn't mean to be hurting him, he just wanted him to realize how much he was hurting the team when he got like this. He lessened his grip and gently pushed him back. "From now on, you are not allowed to leave my sight." Steve was going to have to go into captain mode.

Tony loved it when Steve went captain mode on him. "Is that an order Captain?" Tony slurred out, a slight blush on his cheeks.

Steve saw the red on Tony's cheeks and immediately thought that he was more drunk than he thought. He went to the door and looking be hind him at Tony who was still on the bed he said. "You missed lunch, come on, your having an early dinner." Before he turned back around he gave Tony the 'you're going to eat and your going to like it, damnit.' look.

"Yes sir." Tony slid off the bed, and wobbly walked to the door.

Steve noticed the wobbly walking and picked him up. "Really Tony? How much did you even drink?" Steve was calming down and put one hand on the back of his head to keep him steady.

"I dunno, like two beers and a shot of whisky." He groaned out. "Where are we going anyway? The kitchen is that way." Tony lifted up an arm and pointed the opposite way of where they were walking.

"My room." He stated and the rest of the walk there was silent. He took his hand off Tony's head and opened the toor to his apartment type living area. Steve set down Tony on the counter.

Steve cooked a nice meal for Tony and it seemed to sober him up gradually to where he wasn't slurring anymore and he could have a normal conversation again.

"What's that on your table?" Tony asked nodding to the table by the couch. He had just finished eating and was looking around for something to occupy his time or to make fun of Steve with.

"Mm?" Steve turned around from cleaning the dishes to see a cup and an envelope perched on the side of it. He walked over to it and picked up the paper, inside the cup was an odd looking liquid in it.

"Heard you liked tea..." Steve read the note aloud. He picked up the cup and brought it to his nose smelling it. "It smells sweet." He brought it back down to his mouth and took a small sip. "It's really good." He sips it again.

"What kind of tea is it?" Tony curiously walked over to stand behind Steve.

Steve couldn't answer, he gulped down the rest of it and sighed. "I don't know but it was really good. JARVIS, what was kind of tea was that?"

"Sir, the substance you just consumed was not tea." The AI responded. Steve looked down at Tony. "It was a compound of many different—"

"English, please, I'm not Tony." Steve said looking up.

"Of corse. It is what one could call a truth serum."

Tony looked at Steve and felt a bit nervous. "Call everyone else here." Tony said to JARVIS.

"They have been notified." The AI said after a few minutes.

A few more minutes passed before Bruce walked in the room, followed by Natasha and Clint. They circled around the couch where Tony had guided Steve to sit.

"What's going on?" Clint crossed his arms and looked at Steve.

Steve opened his mouth to explain but Tony cut in. "He drank a mysterious drink on his table. Apparently it was what JARVIS called a truth serum."

"Did it work?" Clint asked, a smile growing on his face.

"Don't know." Tony backed up and stood with the others.

"Well, ask him a question, see if he answers." Clint motioned his arms to the super soldier.

"What do you suggest I ask him? He's an open book anyway." Tony knew what he wanted to ask him but couldn't bring himself to ask.

"I'm right here guys." Steve said from his spot on the couch. Everyone ignored him and went on talking.

"I don't know, ask him something embarrassing. He doesn't seem to answer any of those questions." Clint said eyeing Steve.

"Okay." Tony thought for a second. "What are you scared of?" He asked. "He wouldn't openly tell us what his fears are unless necessary." He told Clint, who nodded in agreement.

Steve looked like he was having a fight with himself. "I..um..am..claustrophobic." Steve looked confused, like he didn't have control of what he was saying.

Bruce whispered something about finding a cure and left the room, followed by Natasha saying something about Clint and Tony not being mature, avoiding the word childish.

Clint now had a huge smile on his face and he nudged Tony. "My turn." He said thinking. "When did you loose your virginity?" Clint chucked to himself. "You avoided the last three times I've asked."

Tony saw Steve struggle as he buried his face in his hands. The soldier said something but it was muffled.

"What was that?" Clint pressed. Tony wanted to stop him for being so forceful about it but on the other hand he was curious on to when the super soldier had lost his virginity.

"I haven't." Steve uncovered just his mouth.

"Are you serious?" Clint had to put a hand to his own mouth to keep from busting out laughing.

"Mr. Barton, you are needed in the kitchen." JARVIS's voice broke the light silence.

Clint backed up then turned away and was still trying to contain the laughing, but failing when he walked out the door.

Tony was the only one left in the room with Steve. "Let's see. What else can I ask you?"

"Tony please, don't." Steve looked up at him.

Tony smiled at him. "Who is the most important Avenger?" He asked.

"You." Steve starred at him. Tony was a little shocked at his answer.

"Why me?"

"Are you kidding? You basically do everything for the team. We live in your tower, and your brilliant." Steve covers his mouth.

"Go on, what else am I?" Tony walked closer.

Steve got up from the couch and walked to a closed door. "You never fail to help me, the things you put up with for me while I'm trying to figure out technology is just amazing." Steve faced the door so Tony couldn't see the heat go to his face. "And when you stay up late in your lab you look so damn hot when you fall asleep at your dest and—" He Opened the door and slammed his hand on his mouth, he said to much.

Tony stood outside the door, shocked. Looks like he didn't need to ask the question.