Let Her Go...

Stefan's POV
5 years later...
I remember 5 years ago, I stood in my dorm telling everyone I was going to fight to get Elena back... which I was going to do but I who am I to ruin her happiness? We've all graduated college finally and everyone has got a job... except for me. I'm in this shitty place right now in front of my ass of a boss who is driving me nuts. 

"Stefan Salvatore right?"  My boss said  as he walked into the conference room. 

"Yes sir, that would be me." I say as he walks closer.

"You are not hired yet but I need you to do something for me and if you do succeed in this task, you are hired." He explains.

"Anything sir. Just say it." I say as he hands me an envelope. I open in and see tickets to New York City. 

"I need you to go to New York to interview this writer. I have no idea who the person is but she is apparently a big deal. Your flight is in an hour. Are you up for it?" He asks me as I nod. 

"Great! Remember to get the juicy stuff and I'll see you soon." He says. As he walks out of the conference room I scan my tickets and realized that there was two. There was a note next to it that said

Hey Stefan,

I know this was all in a rush so that's why I gave you two tickets. One for you and another one for someone to accompany you. You will be there for a week and we have booked you a great hotel, what ever you do there, we will be paying so behave. 
~From possibly your boss when you get back.

I really didn't feel like going alone so I decided to call Katherine for company because she's the only one on break from work and she's my roommate so it would be convenient. I pulled my phone out and called her. After a few rings, she finally picked up.

"Hello! Katherine Pierce here!" She says on the phone. 

"Kit-Kat, It's Stefan. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to join me to go to New York City today. So do you?" I ask her. 

"Yeah sure! When's the flight?" She asks back.

"In an hour... Could you start packing. I'll try to get home as soon as possible and you could probably finish by then so I can pick you up with an uber." I ask her. 

"Sure! Sounds great!" She says as she hangs up. 
---------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Don't kill me!!! I know I haven't updated in ages but I just wanted to slack off for my birthday weekend and now I've been busy writing my other books as well! I know this is short but I'll try to wrote longer. Anyways, if you liked this don't forget to vote and comment. I love hearing from you guys and till next time... BYE FELICIAS!!!
~Mel