Epilogue

"Emily, did you take out the nice plates!"  I call, heels clicking against the wood floors.  

"Is the sky blue?"  She calls back.

Shaking my head, I smile and take the green beans off the stove.  I wipe my hands on my apron and search for a serving spoon; a week after the two of us moved into the house and I am still struggling to know my way around the cabinets.  I pull them out and push them in, trying to memorize the contents, until I stumble upon what I'm looking for. Sorting through the multiple different spoons, I try to find the right one for green beans but instead they all end up clattering to the floor. 

"Shit." 

"What's up?"  Emily walks in.

I groan, gesturing to the spoons littering the floor.   

"Chill."  Emily tells me as I come into the dining room.  "It's just the band." She reaches down picking up the spoons and washing them in the sink. 

"I know, I know."  I say.  "It's just going to be kind of weird for me to see them.  You know?  Calum and I broke up like 3 years ago, and I feel like I haven't seen them physically as much as I could have.  Skype is a completely different thing.  You know?"

"You're not going to make it weird, right?"  She asks.  

I scoff, "Of course not.  I might make it a touch awkward, but I swear I won't do it on purpose."  

"I'm holding you to that," she says as she takes the beans to the table, me following with the salmon. 

Before we know it, the doorbell is ringing, and Emily is welcoming our guests into the house. "I missed you babe," Michael sweeps Emily off of her feet and spins her around once he gets inside. 

"This is for you," Ashton says, stepping around them and handing me a bottle of champagne. 

"Ooh.  Fancy. Since when do we drink champagne?" I tease reading the label. 

"Since...now I guess. It's the least we could do. We haven't seen you in a while and hey, first apartment.  That's as big of an event as any. How many times will we be able to celebrate this moment. " Luke pulls me into a hug. 

I missed this. The boys, things being normal. Michael playing too many video games, Ashton making silly videos for the fans, Luke just being a little awkward and Calum, well, hopefully things would be able to get back to normal. 

"Once," Calum holds up one finger smiling.  "Hi Lee."  I missed that smile and those squishy cheeks. 

"Hi, Cal."  I say smiling. 

See not awkward at all.  This whole ex thing is going to be fine.  Emily and Michael lead the other boys further into the house.  Not only did they bring champagne but also a cake and I think I saw a fruit basket.  No complaints from me.  Calum shifts his weight, shoving his hands into his pockets his eyes wander around the small entryway. 

"Do you want a tour?" I ask. 

"Yeah, sure." He takes his hands out of his pockets. 

"It's not very big, I mean obviously you can see that."

"It's perfect."  He shrugs, looking around.  "Just like you."