A Night at the Club: Part 1

Friday came before Zorell realized it, and Nurse Strauser was nice enough to let her leave work a little early that day

Friday came before Zorell realized it, and Nurse Strauser was nice enough to let her leave work a little early that day. It was half passed four when she rode her bike home to the boarding house. Gavin was picking her up at seven, and she didn't want to be late.

She had plenty of time to take a shower and get herself ready, and she would have been nervous if she wasn't so preoccupied with all the things she had to do going through her head.

When she made her way up to the second floor she was relieved to see that the bathroom was free, so she quickly darted off to her room to collect a bath towel and her robe. The house was quiet, and she assumed the other girls were still at their jobs or participating in some social activity. She was glad no one else was around, because she would have been too nervous with the other girls fussing over her, especially Wendy. It seemed she was more excited about her evening out with a man more than she was, and except that one time he took her to the movies, she had never been out with any man outside her family.

Once she stepped into the shower she turned on the water and waited for the water to turn warm. It always took a minute or two before the warm water kicked in. She learned that the hard way the first time she used it and jumped after letting out a screech having ice cold water splash her naked body.

This time she stood back and waited for the water to become touch friendly. As she lathered up and the gentle water flowed from her head to her toes she felt content and without realizing it hummed a tune out loud. Just when she realized what she was doing, there was a knock at the door.

"Please, open up!" a girl shouted from behind the locked door. She could tell it was Ava's voice. She rarely seen her at the boarding house, since she never spent more than a few minutes there anyway, just long enough to change clothes and be off again. Zorell never would have seen her at all if they had not worked on the same ward of the hospital.

"I'll be out in a minute!" Zorell called back as she turned off the water.

"I'm in a hurry!" Ava called out sounding like a little girl. Her voice was a bit high-pitched, so it wasn't hard to do.

"Alright!" Zorell called back as she put on her robe. She used a small towel for her hair and wrapped it up tight. When she opened the door, she could see the look of desperation on Ava's face. "Where's the fire?"

"I have a very important gentleman coming any moment, so I must look my best," she said which made Zorell laugh.

She never saw Ava look bad for one moment in the short time that she had known her. Pretty girls like Ava were often dramatic, when it came to beauty and fashion. Ava always wore a full face of makeup, but she wondered what lied beneath the pancake.

"It's all yours," Zorell said and held out her hand to beckon Ava inside the bathroom as if she were royalty. The young woman just grunted at the gesture and walked inside and slammed the door. In made Zorell chuckle, as she walked back into her room. She would just have to finish getting ready in there. Once she closed the door, she took off her robe and dried herself off properly and put on her undergarments. She would be ready to slip into her dress once she got her hair done.