Chapter 1

Pic of Luna at 18

-twelve years later-

I never knew a rat would be my best friend. This little creature has stuck with me since it was born. It's so cute and adorable. "Where is the stupid bitch at? Renae! Get your ass up here now!" The Alpha yell. How did I forget to make food for the pack? I also cringe at the name he calls me. It's a pretty name but it's not mine. I sigh and go up the stairs to face my punishment.

"Yes Alpha?" I ask when I can see him. Maybe he won't be so harsh since he's in a good mood.

"Why wasn't our food cooked when we woke up?" He's not yelling, but he got super quiet. Yup, I'm shit out of luck. "I didn't know what time it was since I don't have a watch and I didn't want to serve you cold food, but that would have been better than no food at all so I'm very sorry." I squeak out fearfully. Yes, I ramble.

"Shut up you stupid whore!" He slaps me across the face and I fall to the ground. I hold my cheek and look up at him. I put my hands over my head protectivly and curl up in a ball as he starts to kick me. The pack gathers around to watch. I can see my brother look a little pained as he sees the abuse but he can't say or do anything or he'll be killed. I know he wouldn't care about the consequences if he knew who I was, but he thinks I'm dead.

"You've only had the beginning. You'll never forget to make our food again." He grabs me and throws me on the entertainment room table and straps me down. It's called the entertainment room because this is where the pack watches people get abused and they enjoy it. He quickly strips me down and gets out a silver knife. Silver slows down our healing but it's not deadly to us. He runs the flat side of the blade across my breast, making me jump. He grins evilly before slicing into my thigh. I whimper but don't scream. I'm too used to this. I've had way worse.

"Scream bitch." He growls, but I just look at him. "Why would I scream when I'm use to the pain? I might start to enjoy it if you keep on." I laugh. I guess today is my smartass day. I might be a little insane, but you know, who cares. I continue laughing maniacally. I'm ready to die. Fuck life. "That's it." Alpha pulls down his trousers. I don't have clothes because they ripped when I turned sixteen on my first and last shift. Him and the rest of the warrior wolves rape me.

Only two people don't join in. My so called Mate, the Alpha's son, and my brother. Shit. None of them used protection. Well hell, I guess I'm leaving tonight.

They get done and I get unstrapped after Alpha puts more cuts on my body. I was there all day. I walk past Derek, my mate, and he whispers, "I, Derek Thompson, reject you Luna Evans, as my mate, bearer of my children, and future Luna. I would never want a psychotic bitch like you. Jessica is a much better mate than you would ever be."

I stop and laugh. "You saved me the trouble of rejecting you Derek. I, Luna Evans, accept your rejection. I would never want a self-absorbed asshole like you as my mate, father of my children, or my Alpha." I continue walking. Past the stairs to the basement and out the door. I don't care if Derek tells his father or the guards. I simply don't care anymore.

"Stop right there!" Raphael, the guard on night watch shouts as I'm about to cross the border. "Hey Raphy. I can't be here anymore. I'm probably preggers and I'm still so young. I just turned 18 today, you know. Instead of presents, I get beaten and raped. Tough huh? I thought about killing myself. I was planning to yesterday, but now I can't. What if there is a child growing inside of me? I won't let him or her grow up in this cruel world. Well, pack. I hope you rest well knowing you just watched your one and only little sister be abused for 12 years and then seen her get raped. Fuck this goddamn shit. Bye."

I turn and walk off, limping slightly and staring at the blood running down my leg. Is it from my vagina or the deep cut in my thigh? Or both? I shift into my wolf and run. I don't stop when I get tired. I don't stop when night turns to day. Or when day turns to night.