Sinking Heart 5

The last bell of the day rang, making me jump out of my seat. I adjusted my bag over my shoulder before making my way to my locker.

My hands were sweating, as my body felt on fire. I ran a hand over my face frustratingly. I just had to go and do that, didn't I? Now I have to go to his classroom and die of embarrassment. I sighed and put my combination in, taking my time, might I add.

I was dreading this.

I pulled out the books I needed for homework and arranged them in my bag. I looked around me, the hallways now almost empty as everyone already left. Great.

Once I made sure I had everything, aside from my math book of course, I shut my locker and made my way over to his classroom. What do I say? Oh hey Mr.Donovan, just dropping by to get my math book, please don't ask me about the picture or why I keep running away from you! Yes, I'm sure that would be legit.

I sighed, standing in front of his classroom. Shoot me. I ran my tongue over my lips, moistening them, took a deep breathe before raising my hand, ready to knock. Before I had the chance to, the door opened revealing a surprised looking Mr.Donovan.

"Oh." He said. "Mrs.Wilson." He said almost curiously.

I'm dying of embarrassment.

"Um.." I avoided looking into his eyes, "hi..Mr.Donovan.." I muttered, awkwardly. Hi? Really. I ran a hand through my hair nervously. "I uh, came here for uh, my--"

"--Your math book?" He grinned, saving me the embarrassment. Jeez, how hard is it to ask for my math book?

"Yes..that.." I muttered. " My math book."

He chuckled, opening the door for me and stepping aside to let me in. "Well, come on in then." Yes, of course...so we can have another awkward moment again. Please, let's.

"Right." I muttered under my breath before stepping through the door.

I awkwardly walked to his desk, making sure to keep my eyes on the floor. I felt him sit on his chair, looking through his drawers. A minute later, he pulled out my math book.

"There it is." He smiled, holding out my book in his hand.

I returned his smile, almost timidly, before reaching my own hand out to grab my book. His fingers brushed against mine for only a second; but it was enough for me to feel his warmth.

I quickly took my book, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

"Thank you." I muttered quietly, feeling my face warm up.

"You're welcome." He responded chuckling.

Why is he laughing? He always seems to be laughing at me.

"Um, okay..then I'm just gonna..." I mumbled incoherently.

I looked up at him through my lashes, seeing him smile at me.

"I'll see you later, Aria." He said, smiling softly at me.

I felt the corner of my lips twitch. "Bye Mr.Donovan." I whispered quietly.

I turned around to leave but he called out my name, stopping me.

I turned around, confused. "Yes?" I asked, cocking my head to the side in a questioning matter.

"Please, call me Blake outside of class." He said, smiling gently at me, running a hand through his hair.

Blake. That is hot.

I flushed, scolding myself for thinking that way.

"O-okay...Blake." I mumbled, a blush creeping up my cheeks.

He chuckled. "Oh and one more thing." He added, almost teasingly, staring at me with amusement in his eyes.

I nodded, letting him know that I was listening.

"If you would please stop running away from me...I would appreciate it." He grinned, cocking his head to the side, as if waiting for my reaction.

I mentally slapped myself.

He just had to say that.

I blushed furiously, thinking about both times I ran away from him.

I hid my face behind my hair. "Of course...sir." I mumbled embarrassingly.

He let out a sexy laugh, still staring at me amusingly.

"Call me Blake." He reminded.

"Right. Blake." I nodded.

I shuffled on my feet, silence surrounding us. Well, I should probably go. "Um, bye Mr.Donovan." I muttered, ready to leave.

He narrowed his eyes at me, in a joking matter. "What was that?" He asked.

"I mean..Blake. Bye Blake." I corrected myself, still blushing.

He smirked. Oh hell, that is hot. "Alright then, off you go. I'll see you tomorrow...Aria."

I love the way he says my name. Like, Aria.

I quickly scrambled out of his classroom, avoiding any further embarrassment.

I heard his laughter all the way down the hallway.

Damn you Mr.Donovan. Damn you.