Chapter 2

I start shaking violently but my feet act on they're own and begin to move towards the stage. this is the last time I'll ever see district twelve I take the scene in. I will never come back but I'm already rooting for someone and the games haven't even started... Katniss.We shake hands and then we are hurried into the justice building. I look up and find Katniss staring at me smiling...WAIT SMILING?I keep her gaze for awhile until Effie inturrupts .

"OK you have 30 minutes with your loved ones before we board the train" Were ushered into seperete rooms. First my dad comes and embraces me

"Your strong you can do this" I stand not saying a word taking in all his words" I believe in you don't let fear eat all the hope you have" That last sentence whirls in my head for a while Don't let fear eat all the hope you have. Suddenly I'm inturruped by an unexpected guest. Gale. what Gale?

" You kill her in there and you will regret it!" Gale is one of those players everyone knows in school that he likes Katniss but all of them also knows she despises him. he leaves and next in is my brother rye.

"Come 'ere bro" he holds out his arms and I go straight into them " look your allowed to take one thing into the arena and I wanted you to take this" Its a chain that you tie around your neck with the words stay with me and on the other it has always "thanks rye" I mumble "see ya soon bro" He leaves and two peace keepers escort me to the train station as soon as the train arrives me and Katniss rush in to have some private time and let our emotions flow. were seated in these capitol designed seats . Effie leaves and says to get to know each other while she goes to find haymitch.

"Your brother visited me rye I think his name was he gave me this" she hands me a chain a replica of mine I take out mine and look at them both I give it back to her as we exchange smiles. "who visited you?"

"My dad rye and.... Gale" Her face suddenly fills with anger

" If he hurt you I will personally expose him in front of the whole of panem"

"Why would it matter if he hurt me?" She looks a bit afraid of telling me the awnser.

"Because i-i--i ummm care about...you" She looks down at her dress and takes a pin out "Its a mockingjay it means nothing bad will happen to you"

"Thank you"I give her a quick hug then the door opens and Haymitch stumbles in.

"Where's the ice?" We sit there our mouths shaped in an "0" " Kids these days!" He sits down and looks at us like we're unicorns.

"Advice?" He looks confused  and anger boils up in me I smash his glass out of his hand and katniss slaps him

" OI!" she screams he jerks up and we sit back

"looks like I have a pair of fighters this year!" Just then he walks out back to his room

" Ah well be mentoring each other this year then!" Katniss exclaims like she's just saw her idol.

"Guess we will"