Chapter 19

Peetas POV:

"I will take first watch you sleep"

"OK but wake me up in a few hours so you can sleep"

"sweet dreams" I say and she lays in the sleeping bag

*10 minutes later*

"Peeta" katniss says in a raspy voice

"mhm" i reply

"I can't sleep can you come and... lay with me?"

"of course" I say getting  in she snuggles up to me and falls asleep

Katniss POV:

I wake up lonely

"Peeta?" no response "PEETA!?" still no response. That's when I notice blood on the floor. Oh no the careers have got him. He is probably dead tears stream down my face. I can't believe he is gone

Peetas POV:

I got up to make Katniss some stew for when she wakes up. I get up and a pain shoots through my foot. I bite my lip holding back the scream that's aching to get out. I hear a faint bell out side I pick up a knive and make my way outside. before I can move the parachute hits me in the head. I quickly get back on my feet and grab the parachute. I find a first aid kit in it. I walk back towards the cave to hear Katniss screaming my name. I rush back to the cave.

"Katniss what happened?"

"I woke up and you were gone" she stutters through tears. I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her. eventually she falls into a dreamless sleep...

Haymitch POV:

Katniss and Peeta are getting the most views they are the most popular ever. other teams are trying to copy but it doesn't work like their love does. its quite incredible.

Peetas POV:

We are awakened by the sound of the cannon.

13

13 dead 11 alive

the family interviews will be coming soon. I grow alert  when I hear foot steps and faint talking outside the cave. Glimmer and Marvel.

"Where are they?" she hisses to him

"I don't know!" he states

"Come on we have to find her!" she stomps off past the cave. ONLY to walk back again and see an opening in the cave. Uh oh! She's found us...