Chapter 16

Peetas POV:

"One last question" ceaser says katniss nods for him to go on "Is there something going on with you and peeta?" he asks the crowed gasps.

"what do you mean?" she asks cautiously

"Look at this" he gestures his head to the screen where a picture of me and Katniss kissing is shown. She blushes like beetroot. she looks over to me for reassurance I nod slowly.

"Yes" she says "Were going out"

"never thought I would here that here do you love each other?"

"forever and always" she smiles

Ceaser stand up and holds her hand up

"Katniss everdeen!" he says as she walks off stage.

"I'm sure now were very excited to see Peeta Mellark district 12!" he booms and I walk on. "so Peeta I'm sure every one wants to know more about you and Katniss don't we?" the crowed cheers.

"I'll take that as a yes" I joke

"so do I!" he replies " well then don't keep us waiting tell us the story!"

"Well when we got chosen we already liked each other just didn't want to admit it I guess we realized as we were going to fight to the death we should confess everything and we confessed our love for each other" the crowed and ceaser 'aaw' and he closes the show. I walk back stage to see katniss pinned up against the wall by the career Glimmer

Katniss POV:

I walk backstage letting out a huge sigh. I walk over to the TV screens so I can watch Peeta's interview. ceaser begins asking him questions I feel someone behind me. I turn round to see glimmer standing there. before I can process what's happening she pins me against the wall her arm against my neck.

"I see your game your gonna fool people right? the thing is I know your game! you pretend to be all lovey dove when the reality is your a mutt a stinking mutt. trust me girl on fire I'm gonna kill you!" she hisses I can feel my throat tightening I can't breath. I start to see black dots in my vision. before I completely black out I see Peeta taking glimmer off me and punching her then rushing to me. he takes my hand and pleads me to stay with him.

Peetas POV:

*4 hours later*

She lays peacefully in a hospital bed on a breathing machine. The doctors say she should wake up soon. I am told to out of the room for a minute so they can check she is OK. I sit outside staring out the window. when I hear screaming coming from Katniss room.