SIXTEEN

KARA EVANS

"Great timing? Why?."

I roll my eyes at the fact that my dumb brother couldn't take a hint.

"Nothing, Alex. Why the heck are you bothering me at 12:00 am?." I say as i look at Grant whom is now awkwardly staring at the screen. I tried not to sound too annoyed because then my brother would suspect something.

"Oh pluh-ease don't tell me you were asleep?." He says with a sarcastic tone.
"That's what I thought." He then replies after a moment of silence.

I was actually trying way too hard to not yell at him for interrupting what could of been a good kiss. I mean how many people get to say that they kissed someone famous?.

"Just tell me why you're calling me!."

"Where are you?." He asks and i frown.

"What do you mean 'where are you'? I told you i was going to Vancouver you ass." I reply as i sigh.

"I know that, bogger. I mean where are you right now. It's 12:00 am and I'm praying that you aren't sleeping on the dirty ground of a street known for people who drug or hire prostitutes." He informs and i scoff.

"Do you even know me, Alex? I wouldn't travel to another city without having a place to eat or sleep. I can't live without those two things." I reply as Grant looks at me and chuckles.

"I know that, but as your big brother i demand--."

"Alex can you bother someone else?." I ask annoyed. "I love you, you're my brother and all but i'm really tired right now and all i want is to eat some chicken nuggets and then fall asleep with the sweet sound of Arctic Monkeys in my ear." I explain with my eyes closed, but i can feel Grant's gaze on me. Alex huffs and as his sister i can assure he just rolled his eyes.

"Fine, i love you too Idiot. Take care and use protection." I hear him say with a soft chuckle.

"I'm mentally flipping you off right now, goodnight asshole." I say as i hang up. Grant chuckles and lays his head on the headboard of the bed.

"What was that about?." He asks with a humorous smile and i shake my head playfully.

"My brother is just annoying." I reply and his eyes go wide.

"That was your brother? Alex right?." He asks and i furrow my eyebrows.

"Yeah, how do you know?."

"He commented the pic on instagram." He explains with a smile and i nod.

"Right." I say quietly, if i could only take that almost kiss off my mind. The room went quiet, with my eyes glued to the now paused tv show while Grant bites his lip and looks at his hands. "I hate this awkward silence." I say and he looks at me and then nods.

"Couldn't agree more." He follows.

"Should we-."

"Do you want to-."

We both chuckle and this couldn't be more cliché, he points me.

"You talk." He says and i nod.

"I was going to say if you want to sleep here in the hotel, i mean it's kind of late and well you are on your pajamas." I say and he then looks surprised for a second before sending me a shy smile.