TWENTY ONE.

NARRATOR.

Grant's hands grip tighter onto the steering wheel, sternly looking at the road. Kara wonders if she did or said the wrong thing — Like she did last time.

"Want to tell me what got your panties in a twist?." Kara says harshly, she was mad at the fact that Grant wasn't being his talking self. Kara could of swore she saw the start of a smile on Grant's face,  before his face turned pale once again.

"Are you going to answer?." Kara asks louder this time, she's known for being quite the impatient type.

"What do you want me to tell you?." Grant replies almost harsh, not daring to look at Kara.

"What happened back there? You were so happy and we were doing well and then everything turned to shit." Kara says not even caring how harsh it could sound. Grant sighs.

"Can we just wait till we get home?." He asks softly, Kara's face softens before sighing.

"Fine."

______

The whole trip was silent, and Kara started feeling anxious — She couldn't wait to get home, if she could even think of it as home.

Grant turns off the engine of the car after parking outside his house, he lays on the seat before closing his eyes briefly, how would he be able to say the words?.

Kara's hand immediately went to open the car door, but when she looked at Grant, she couldn't think of the why was he being like this.

"We are home." Kara says softly as she bites her lip, was he regretting ever asking her out?.

"I know." Grant replies as a whisper, he swallows.

"Grant i need to know what's wrong!." Kara says almost begging, her worried eyes travel down Grant's face.

"It was my manager." He says, still not daring to look at Kara.

Kara's confusion grows by second, she raises an eyebrow.

"What do you me—."

"We need to breakup."

Grant says now looking at her in the eye, Kara's mouth open slightly. It was too good to be truth, was the first thought that came into her mind.

"Why-y." Kara stutters, holding back her tears.

"It was all publicity, Kara." Grant says, he has acted before — Now he was acting like it didn't hurt.

"You told me that—."

"I lied." Grant replies sternly, he took a quick glance at Kara who's eyes were now filled with tears.

She let herself believe, she opened herself to him like the last time because she hoped that this would be right — She tried to warm her heart just enough to let someone love her, for her to love someone.

"Fuck you." Kara says harshly before opening the car door and walking out — She slammed the door closed as she walked away while anger tears fall down her cheeks.

Grant quickly walks out the car and follows her, he didn't want her to hate him.

"Kara!." He yelled over and over.

"Fuck off." Kara yelled sobbing.

"Let me give you a ride to the hotel." He says as he reaches for her hand, it was cold and soft and Grant tried his best not to embrace her.

Kara bites her lip before turning back.

"I can find my way." She spits and Grant holds her hand tighter.

"Please — After this you can hate me all you want but you will get lost if you leave like this." Grant begs, he was worried.

Kara nods slowly before shaking Grant's hand off.

_______

"Why?." Kara asks after minutes of silence, her makeup was smudged and she was less angry than before.

And for the first time, Grant didn't know what to say.

"Hannah wants me back, and she is one of the backup dancers of Beyoncé. You and me, it was just a way to make her jealous." Grant replies, he didn't know how he managed to say those words without breaking down.

Kara scoffs.

"Why are you lying? This isn't some shitty love story, Gustin. I know this was your manager idea, but he can go fuck himself." Kara replies harshly. "I really like you Grant." Kara says, trying to bend her pride just enough for him to see that she really cares about him.

Grant parks in front of the hotel, he closes his eyes briefly.

"Say something." Kara says softly. "You couldn't of lied to me, Grant. You made me a different person." Kara looks at him, hoping for a single sign of regret.

"He is going to end my career." Grant replies silently.

"You can get another damn manager, Grant. You're an amazing actor, please don't end this." Kara is surprised by her own words.

"It so stupid, i know." Grant says chuckling at himself. "I don't want Hannah back." He looks down at his hands. "Just give me time to figure things out." Grant says.

Kara looks down at her hands before clicking her tongue.

"I'm leaving in three day's, Grant. I can wait for you forever." Kara replies before leaning closer to him and softly kissing his cheek. "Goodnight." She mutter before walking out of the car.

Grant watches her walking away, he covers his face with both of his hands as he sighs. He hits the steering wheel.

He just wished things weren't so hard.

She just wished she could take back all of those times she thought he was the one.

______

This is so genuinely bad.
Any ideas of what should happen next?