Chapter 4

‘Loki, Why have you taken me?’ I asked curious. ‘What do think?’ Loki asked her. ‘Well, you met me accidentally. If I wasn’t  on that highway you wouldn’t met me at all’ This was really crazy from me. Finally there was a guy who wanted me and the only thing I could do was question him all the time. 

‘We met for a reason’ Loki answered. ‘Faith has brought us together’ 

‘but it’s just weird to kiss me while you just met me like 10 hours ago’ I said back to him. Yes, I was a little bit irritated. 

‘Well, Nicole, I saw you laughing, I saw you sleeping, I saw you kissing me, I saw how beautiful you are and I want to be with you. Forever’ He said. ‘Uhm, okay, well’  I said smiling. ‘ ‘Well, do you want it too?’ He asked. ‘It’s a bit overwhelming, I mean we just met and now you want to be with me forever’ I said. ‘I’ll hope you be my queen, Nicole, someday’ He said and started kissing me in my neck. ‘Loki’ I said. ‘Yes?’ He asked with puppy-eyes. ‘Time to think’ I said serious. ‘I’ll give you some time to think. Otherwise I have to force you’ He said smiling. ‘Well, that’s ok’ I said.

17 years old. My 17th birthday. Katelin thought it would be fun to take her boyfriend James to my party. He came in and me and James already had a fight. He thought my skirt was too sexy for a birthday party. I was like ‘Yo, that’s my freaking choice’ I was really pissed off. Katelin immediately took James’ side. ’Don’t be so mean to my boyfriend!’ She screamed. I walked to the door. ‘I want you to leave’ I said calm. ‘Nicole? Don’t be so stupid!’ Katelin said. ‘Stupid? It thought I was just a stranger. Or better, second choose. It’s always James. No more Nicole for you, babe!’ I said still calm. I pointed at the door. ‘Please’ I said. Katelin looked at me angry and left. With that stupid boyfriend of hers. 

‘So, Loki, can I go?’ I asked.  We were still standing in that mysterious, secret lab of Loki. There were some men working on different, science things. I really would like to know what they were doing. I’m sure I wouldn’t understand but Hey, I’m being my curious, irritating me. Loki smiled at me. ‘Well, Nicole, I think you don’t understand how this works, do you? You’re the person of my dreams. I can’t let you just go’ He said mysterious. ‘What do you mean by that?’ I said giggling. ‘You can’t go away’ He said serious. ‘Otherwise I have to kill you’  

17 years old. My parents died. I was on vacation in Norway by my aunt and uncle. I was just walking alone on the beach when it started raining. I was feeling alone. The clouds were getting darker and darker. I believed the Gods were angry on each other. I mean I believed in all kinds of mythology. Greek, North, Egypt. I believed in them. When it started storming I got a call from my aunt. ‘You’re parents were involved in a car crash’ She said calm. But I heard some sadness in her voice. ‘They died’ She said and started crying. I stopped the call.

My parents died? My world just stopped. My parents died. I looked to my phone and threw it in the ocean. Tears filled my eyes. The lightning was getting closer. ‘Stop it!’ I said crying to the see and the sky. ‘Stop it! Stop my life! Stop my sadness. Stop my sucking life. I don’t want it anymore!’ I looked to the ground. I knew it was my fault. Like everything was.  The only thing I saw was a bright light. The next thing I remember was my aunt, crying.

‘Nicole?’ Loki asked. ‘Sorry, I was staring. You have to kill me?’ I said blushing. ‘It’s okay, I promise you. The only thing you have to do is stay with me. I have to go to some men there. Come with me and stay calm’ He said. I looked weird to him. ‘What do you mean with stay calm?’ I asked curious. ‘Well, I have this plan to rule your world and I did something with those people’ He said innocent. ‘You did what?’ I asked. ‘I kind of brainwashed them’ He said smirking. ‘YOU DID WHAT?’ I screamed. ‘Shhhtt, it’s not that strange’ He said. ‘Well, brainwashing is kind of strange. And I think it’s scary’ I said a bit angry. Loki took my hand. ‘Don’t be scary’ He whispered in my ears and kissed my neck. ‘That makes it not a bit better’ I said.

We walked to the people who were working on that weird science thing. I thought it was scary. People who were brainwashed by Loki? Those weird voices were talking in my head. Again. ‘Omg this is so cool and bad! He brainwashed people. Lol’ The voice said. The other voice jumped in the conversation. ‘Brainwashing? Are you mad? He’s dangerous!’ The childish voice said. ‘Don’t be so childish. He’s dangerous and you love dangerous ,bad guys’ the other voice said. ‘Is there something wrong?’ Loki asked. ‘No, Well, I mean, I have 2 voices discussing in my head. It freaks me out sometimes’ I answered.  I looked to the floor. This was kind of awkward. ‘Don’t be so shy, sweetheart. Everybody has their things’ Loki said while he was caressing my face.

I was hit by the lightning. But I survived. I thought God or the Gods gave me another chance to live the life I have always wanted. After my ‘vacation’ by my aunt and uncle I went home for the funeral. I wasn’t sad at all. I didn’t love my parents. Well, Of course I loved them, they were my parents. But we hadn’t a special relationship. It was always my fault; I was always the cause of everything. I hated my life with them. Maybe that’s why I did what I did.