Chapter 5

Loki walked confident to a cabin in that weird lab. An older man, I recognized him from the car trip, was talking to the man who was also in the car. He saluted Loki. ‘The tesseract showed me so much’ the older man said. ‘It’s more than knowledge. It’s truth’ He said further.  Loki smiled. ‘Oh, I know’ He said and turned to the other guy. ‘What did it showed you, agent Barton?’ He asked. I looked good to the 2 men. They both had that weird hypnotizing blue in their eyes. It scared me. Was this that brainwashing- hassle of Loki? ‘My next target’ the man, I thought, agent Barton said. He also had those weird blue eyes. ‘Tell me what you need’ Loki asked. Agent Barton walked to the table behind us. He took some little bow out of a box. ‘I need a distraction’ He said while he turned the bow in a bigger bow. ‘And an eyeball’ He said.

 I hadn’t seen Katelin for 6 months when she suddenly stood in front of my door. I moved to my parents’ house. It wasn’t strange for me at all. I liked the loneliness. At home, at school, in the supermarket. I was happy, in a strange way. I saw Katelin, standing there for my door, crying. Her make-up was all over her face. She really was ugly without make-up. I opened the door. ‘Wazzup?’ I asked irritated. ‘James broke up with me’ she said. ‘What?’ I asked but I also started laughing. ‘Really?’ I asked while I was still laughing my ass off. ‘Serious?’ She asked. ‘Yes, I’m absolutely serious!’ I said smiling. ‘Well, Can I live here?’ She asked. ‘Live? In my house?’ I asked. ‘You think I’m that nice to you? You hypocrite’ I asked. ‘Well, yes?’ She said with tears falling from her eyes. ‘Why should I?’ I asked. ‘I know your secret’ she said. ‘What?’ I asked afraid. ‘You killed your parents’

‘Nicole, have you ever wanted to go to Germany?’ Loki asked. The only place I’ve ever been to were my home town and my aunt’s home in Norway. ‘No’ I answered. ‘Would you like to?’ He asked me smiling. From the inside I was really excited but from the outside I was as calm as ice. Weird to say but there was nothing else I could compare with. I was emotionless and a bit distracted. Loki said I must stay with otherwise he will kill me. ‘Nicole? Do you want to go with me?’ He asked again. ‘Well, okay, if I have to’ I said.

‘Good, well now, stand still’ He commanded me. ‘Nobody’s commanding me, Loki’ I said a bit angry. ‘Well, I like it when you speak like that. With so much passion’ He smiled. For a second he focused and suddenly my horrible clothes were gone and I was standing in what looks like a beautiful gown. It was black as the night and had some sparkles at the top. Strapless but really classy. ‘Wow, Loki, this is amazing’ I said looking to my body. ‘You look really beautiful, Nicole’ Loki said and took my hand. ‘Now hold me close’  He said. The sound of his voice was a bit commanding. But I didn’t mind. He just did something nobody else ever done: He called me beautiful.