Mushy Gushy and Everything else

Chapter 16: That one time my life was a love song. And the name of said song was Mushy Gushy.

I found James wondering around in front of Sears looking like a complete idiot.

I felt myself sigh.

I think James developed sonar hearing because then suddenly saw me.

He smiled and ran over to me.

Of course, my idiot.

He caught up to me and looked at my face. He frowned. "Hey, you okay?"  Concern lacing his voice. His blue eyes, bright and daunting, searching mine for any hint of discomfort.

I sighed, "No not really. But I will be."

Because you're here with me.

XXXXXxxxxx

Today I must face the most atrocious of all places. School. A haven for some, hell for others. Now that the monster is gone... Maybe it won't be so bad.

Maybe.

As soon as James stepped out of the car, it was almost like the mob was in town. Which if you think about it... It certainly was.

I stepped out a little ways. Nobody was looking at me. Confusion rippled across my face. Thats when my eyes darted to James' face. Was he okay with this?

He was glaring in the distance. Looking like a pissed off goat at the entire student body. I walked over to him.

His eyes met mine and a smile flickered upon his face. James reached for my hand, grasping it tightly. I felt my insides churn and somehow arrange themselves to all settle in my throat. James was subtlety declaring that me and him were together.

We walked hand in hand toward hell.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate school?

~

Love is odd thing in itself. For someone like me it was an insanely impossible feat. An unreachable goal with too little possibility of a happy ending.

But now everything has changed.

I am happy, for once I feel that the future isn't bleak. Sitting here in our new apartment. After facing everything, I really can say I don't care. Fuck everyone who wants to destroy my happiness.

James looks at me with those blue eyes and I smile. No, no one else mattered. I have finally realized life is much more than just living. Life is all about experiencing. I am in love. And it is just grand.

 ~

I looked at Eli.

His nose was scrunched up as he sniffed the mystery pudding. He made a face before pushing it away. (Pete of course snatched it).

His hair was a mess. He didn't have time to brush it this morning and he had bed head. He was wearing sweatpants and had on a hoodie. His eyes were bright and stunnning. He laughed when Ryder looked at the pudding mysteriously before poking it with a spoon.

He looked happy.

He was so beautiful.

I knew that I loved him.

He knew I loved him.

Hell, I would scream at the top of my lungs that I loved him.

Then, everyone would know I loved him.

And fuck anyone who doubted that.

.

.

.

AN: The miraculous end is here! Thank you for taking this wonderful journey with me! 

I don't exactly plan on a sequel but I do know they're many plot holes to fill so we will see.

My first finished story. 'Tis done.

Comments, reviews, thoughts, votes, anything is appreciated! 

*Gives cookies to everyone*

Hope you enjoyed reading it! 

*waves goodbye*