Chapter 4: Reunited by fears

Derek's POV:

I dashed down the dark corridor to Scott's room, where I ripped open the door. I grabbed Scott by the back collar of his shirt and dragged him to mine and Stiles' room.

"What's going on? What's happening?" Scott asked confused.

"I brought you here for one job. And that job was to make sure that when Stiles was here you would make sure that he would be okay. Now you are needed for your job." I growled out.

"Stiles is freaking out isn't he? I told you that you should have just left him alone! If you were so desperate to have him then you should have gotten him in a more ordinary way! Like, I don't know, accidently bumping into him in the street. The he wouldn't be so freaked out!"

"SHUT UP SCOTT!" I roared at him using my alpha voice. Once we got to Stiles' and my room, I opened the door quietly and quickly pushed Scott through the door as fast as I could so that I could close the door.

I stood by the door listening to Scott calming Stiles down and I could clearly hear Stiles crying at seeing Scott was okay after him being missing for several days. But i knew that Stiles and Scott wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon but just in case Scott tried to take Stiles back I locked the door before I went to the living room so that they could have some space.

Scott's POV:

Once Derek had roughly pushed me into another room, I instantly heard quiet whimpering from the far corner that was slightly hidden by the queen sized bed. I slowly made my way over to the corner to see my best friend, almost brother, huddled as far as he could get into the corner, his quivering frame covered by the sheets that once covered the queen sized bed.

"Stiles?" I asked in a soft voice. I heard a shocked gasp but the small frame under the covers never come out. Once I knew that Stiles wasn't going to come out on his own, I knelt down on one knee and removed the blanket from around Stiles' face so that his head was out of the sheets but the rest of him was still covered. When I removed the sheets from his head I wasn't surprised at what I saw.

Stiles' eyes were wide open but unseeing, his hands were over his ears so that he could block out what was around him, his face had a thin layer of sweat over it and his breathing was coming out in uneven shaky breaths.

I put my hands over his unsteady ones and his glazed eyes rapidly searched for the source of the contact. When he finally found my eyes he removed his hands from the sides of his head and shakaly asked,

"Scott?" Afraid that what he was seeing wasn't real.

"Hey, Sti."

"Scott." As soon as Stiles' brain court up to what his eyes were seeing he launched at me and hugged me for dear life. I soon realised that Stiles had a steady stream of tears flowing down his face so I soothingly rubbed his back in a calming way as he pushed his head into the crook of my neck.

"I th-thought I wasn't go-going to see y-you ever a-again." Stiles stuttered out as he hugged me harder, as he still cried.

"I know buddy, I know. But are you okay?"

"I di-didn't know where I-I was, th-then this guy I don't know was he-here and he-he touched m-me. He gr-grabbed my arm a-and he wouldn't let g-go and then hi-his eyes started to glow re-red! I tried to ge-get him to le-let go bu-but he wouldn't and he ju-just squeezed har-harder. Then he left and no-now your here and everything's going to b-be okay."

"Yeah Stiles, everything's okay now I'm here." I was starting to wonder how long Stiles had gone without his medication for. He must of had to have missed several days worth of medication for him to react like this.

There has only been one other time that Stiles had ever been this bad. A couple of months after his mother had died, Stiles had refused to take his medication for his A.D.D. He said that he would only take it if his mother come back to him. Back then Stiles refused to accept the fact that his mother was really gone. The only way you could get through to him was if you talked to him like a small child. You had to be careful about what you said and no sudden movements either. He also started to get panic attacks as well. It got to the point of being so bad that he had to have an inhaler to help him breath normally again.

But i had to wonder. If Derek supposedly knew everything about Stiles, why hadn't he given him his medication?

By the time I had broke from my train of thoughts, Stiles was slumped against me, his breathing calmer and easier. Stiles had fallen asleep on my shoulder. So I picked him up and gently placed his sleeping form on the queen sized bed.

"Derek? I know that you can hear me. We need to talk." Then the door opened and Derek's shadowed form stood in the door way.

"I know."