Chapter 5: Meeting the pack

Derek's POV

After I had pushed Scott into mine and Stiles' bedroom I quickly shut the door behind him. Even though I knew that Stiles will be safe with Scott in the room, I still wasn't going just leave my mate alone with someone else. Even if that someone is their best friend.

I walked down the hallway until I was a few doors down from the bedroom. I could hear everything they were saying perfectly. Though not everything was what I wanted to hear. I could hear the rapid beat of Stiles' heart in his chest, the quiet whimpers that escaped from his quivering lips.

Though the feeling of worry and sadness soon left my body as jealousy started to take the main emotion.

I could hear they're conversation. I could hear how relieved Stiles was from the way his voice sounded and his heart slow down a couple of beats. Though all I could think of was how that should be me in there comforting Stiles instead of Stott. But the only reason the Scott was in there was because of me. I was the one who scared Stiles so much that he had a panic attack. Somewhere inside me was thinking that maybe Scott was right.

"Stiles is freaking out isn't he? I told you that you should have just left him alone! If you were so desperate to have him then you should have gotten him in a more ordinary way! Like, I don't know, accidently bumping into him in the street. Then he wouldn't be so freaked out!" Scott's voice echoed in his mind.

Maybe that was what I should of done. But I needed Stiles now and it would have taken to long to get Stiles the normal way. This was the only way to get Stiles now and after a while Stiles will get used to his new life with the pack.

I waited until their conversation had ended and it had gone quiet before I made my way back to the bedroom. I didn't go in until I knew that Stiles was okay, but by the way that his heart was beating I could tell that he had calmed down enough that his exhausted body had given him no other option then to sleep.

"Derek? I know that you can hear me. We need to talk." Scott's quiet voice came through the door and I knew it was time to open the door.

"I know." I replied. I knew that at some point Scott would want to talk to me about what was going on and what I was planning to do.

When Scott started to move towards the bedroom door I took a look over at my mate. His pale skin whiter then normal, a thin layer of sweat covering his soft skin, his eyes are red and puffy from the crying and even though he has been sleeping almost all the time he's been here he looks more tired then he normally would even though he is asleep right now.

When Scott stepped out of the room he quietly closed the door, cutting of my view from my mate. I turned to Scott and the expression on his face showed my that he was not happy at all.

"Follow me." I gruffed at him, already walking away from the dark room that held my precious mate.

"Derek, what is this?" Scott asked from behind me.

"This is the pack house. Your new home Scott. But don't worry about the room. You wont be staying in the room from before. That was just so you could get your body more comfortable with the wolf side of you. Issac will show you to your new room once we have finished our talk."

"Okay, so what about Stiles? You did get his medication and his inhaler right?"

"Scott, you don't have to worry about Stiles. I have everything under control. And yes, I did remember his medication and inhaler."

"If you have everything under control then why do you need me here? Though I already know why I'm here. I'm here because you don't have everything under control. You need me because it will take a while for Stiles to even think of trusting you."

"Don't you think I know that! I CAN'T STAND TO SEE STILES LIKE HOW HE WAS JUST NOW! BUT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM! And that is why you are here." Even the thought of being unable to help Stiles when he needs it had my Alpha side come through, even my canines lengthened from the thought of my helpless mate.

When I looked forward I realised that myself and Scott and come to the end of the corridor and to the Centre of the pack house. The Centre as we called it was the part of the pack house the contained the living room, the kitchen and the way to the hatch that lead to the woods. As the house was located underground we could not have a normal front door as it would show off our location to easily. So instead we had a hatch like those you would find on a submarine.

The Centre was a large rectal room that had the other corridors attached to it. If anyone tried to get in they would have to pass the Centre and there is usually someone here. There are other exits apart from the hatch but those are only used in emergencies.

Looking around the Centre I could see Erica and Boyd cuddling on the couch watching TV, Issac was in the kitchen with Lydia making something for when Stiles woke up.

"Lydia? Lydia what are you doing here?"

"Oh, hey Scott. I thought that Stiles might be hungry when he woke up so me and Issac are in the kitchen cooking."

"No Lydia, I don't mean "what are you doing in the kitchen" I mean "what are you doing in the pack house?"

"Ohhhhhh, that's what you mean. I stay here sometimes with pack. This is my pack as well Scott, I'm a banshee."

"Hey, Lydia did you move my bow again? I can't seem to find it?"

"No, I didn't move it. You left it on the couch last time I saw it."

"Wait, is that Allison?"

"Oh, hi Scott." Allison said as she saw Scott sitting at the table with Derek.

"So what are you? Banshee, werewolf?"

"Human."

"If your human what are you doing at the pack house?"

"She is part of this pack as well Scott. Don't have to be supernatural to be apart of my pack." I gruffed out.

After the whole "Lydia and Allison are part of our pack" thing was out of the way Scott got down to asking me every question that was at the front of his mind.

Scott's 1st question) "What's going to happen to Stiles?"

My answer to question 1) "Stiles is my mate so he will stay with me and the pack as the Luna, the Alphas mate."

Scott's 2nd question) "What about Stiles' dad? Stiles' dad is his is only remaining family."

My answer to question 2) "I would say that he would not get to see his father but that would course complications with Stiles metal state so we'll just have to wait for now."

Scott's 3rd question) "What about my mom? She's got to be worried real bad by now."

My answer to question 3) "You seeing your mom depends on you."

"What do you mean "it depends on me"?" Scott gave me a questioning look.

"It depends on how loyal you are to your pack and to your Alpha. I can't have you running to the police and informing them and the Hunters where we are. Once we know that we can fully trust you then you can see her. Same goes with Stiles as well. He can see his father as long as he tells him nothing and he must come back here to the pack and to the pack house."

"But that could take months for Stiles to trust or like any of you. He'll probably get himself even more sick then he was when you first brought him here."

"Well then Stiles better start to like us pretty fast if he wants to see his dad anytime soon." Scott gave me a pleading look that I quickly dismissed. I knew that it would a long time for Stiles to get used to any of the members of his new pack, but hopefully the idea of seeing his father again would give him some motivation to at least look at the pack without going into shock or having a panic attack.