Chapter 7: Dinner with your brother

Scott's POV

I sat on the floor with Stiles still in my arms. After a while Stiles had stopped sobbing against my chest. I moved my hands to his shoulders and pushed him back enough so that I could talk to his face. Stiles' eyes were red from crying and him rubbing then with the sleeve of the hoodie. His nose was also red from the snot that came out of it during his crying as well.

"Hey, Stiles? You want to go get something to eat? You must be hungry right?" I asked. I know that Stiles hadn't eaten while he was here due to his fever. If he didn't eat soon he would start to get sick again. Stiles had a fast metabolism so if he didn't eat enough he would start to lose weight fast. I could already see that he had lost some weight already. Due to the fever he had he couldn't eat as he didn't know what was going on around.

When we were younger I remember that he got really sick this one time and he had to go to the hospital because he was getting worse as he couldn't eat. My mom looked after him in the hospital for the 5 days he was in there for.

After Stiles nodded his head to say he was hungry, I turned my head to look over my shoulder and quietly asked Lydia if the food she and Issac had made was light enough for Stiles' stomach to handle.

She gave me a quick nod, and with Issac in tow, turned and headed back to the Centre to get the food set up for Stiles.

Derek also started to move the rest of the pack back away from Stiles as I prepared to get him off of the floor.

"Are you ready Stiles? We're going to stand up and go get you some food okay? Can you do that for me? Can you stand up?" I still kept my voice low, soft and quiet as if I was talking to a child.

With a silent nod from Stiles I grabbed his hands in mine and we both rose from the floor. By the time I looked behind me the pack had quickly and quietly vanished from the corridor as if they were never even there to begin with.

With Stiles left hand in my right one, we both made our way out of the corridor into the Centre. The only sounds in the corridor were the soft padding of Stiles' sock covered feet and the sniffles that were the ends of his crying.

Once we made it to the Centre I could feel Stiles' hand tighten his hold on mine. I looked back at him and I could see uncertainty in his eyes. His right, hoodie covered hand had unconsciously made its way to his face, covering the bottom half of his face just in case something happened. It was his way to cover his head and face fast just in case something went wrong.

When we were out in the open Stiles pressed himself to my side, his head shifting left and right looking for danger. I guided Stiles to one of the dinning table chairs that had a bowl of steaming soup placed in front of the seat. I also noticed that someone had placed Stiles' medication next to the bowl as well. But Stiles didn't make a move to eat the soup. I sat in the chair next to him and grabbed the spoon that was placed next to the bowl. Dipping the spoon into the soup I brought it up to Stiles lips.

"Stiles if you don't eat some thing then you can't take your medication. You know that. Please eat something. For me?" I pleaded. He didn't give me a verbal answer, only opening his mouth as his reply to my plea.

I promptly started feeding Stiles as if he was a child once again. But soon, after half the bowl of soup, Stiles sleepily grabbed my wrist as if to say that he couldn't take any more. I know that Stiles needed his medicine before he feel asleep so I quickly helped him swallow the pills with some water.

After the right amount of pills had been taken, Stiles quickly grew tired. His eyes were almost closed and he had to use what strength he had left to keep his head up.

"Come on Stiles, I think someone needs to take a nap." I used a calm and quiet voice as I helped Stiles' sleepy form from the chair in which he sat. And once again Stiles and I walked back through the dim corridors.

Once we reached Stiles and Derek's room I opened the door and lead Stiles through the door.

"Do you need to use the bathroom before you nap?"

"Uh huh." Stiles replied sleepily. So after Stiles had finished his business in the bathroom I helped him settle into the thick warm comforters. When I knew that Stiles was going to be fine when I leave him, I was going to leave the room until I felt a small tug on my sleeve. I look down and I see Stiles' thin small fingers weakly gripping the fabric of my long sleeved T-shirt.

"Do-don't leave me yet." He looked at me with sad eyes that held a tinge of fear. The fear of being in this unknown place all by himself. I took his hand in mine and looked him in his tired eyes.

"Don't worry Sti. I'm not going to leave you in this place alone. If you need me, just call for me okay?"

I could soon feel the weak grip that Stiles had on my shirt loosen as he finally relaxed and fell into a dreamless sleep.

I exited the room swiftly and quietly once I knew that Stiles would be okay. Derek was waiting outside of the room, leaning against the wall opposite the door.

"You know that you don't have to shadow his every move. He was just tired. Nothing some food and sleep can't cure."