Chapter 8: Step 1 of the Stiles plan

Derek's POV

( By the way, in this story Stiles is like 5.2" so he is small in the wolf scale. As all the werewolves are quite tall.)

"Stiles is my best friend, Derek. A brother even. I won't let anything happen to him, so you can stop following him. Sneaking around corners and hiding in the shadows so he won't see you and watching over him all the time. He will get used to having you around. Just give him time and space."

"I know that you won't let anything happen to Stiles." I warned in a deep voice. "I just needed to make sure for myself." Seeing Stiles look and act so fragile just had me worried that I had to make sure that he would be okay. After a while of the two of us just standing in front of the door, Scott looked me in the eyes as if to say ' I know you want to see him so just don't wake him up'.

I just nodded my head in understanding as Scott made his way down the silent corridor. I waited a couple more minutes leaning against the wall to calm my inner wolf before I reached out and pushed open the door that separated me from my mate.

Once the door was fully open I was hit with the strong and sweet sent of my mate. The whole room had absorbed his mouth watering smell. He smelt of the forest air, clean and fresh, of myself (which, don't get me wrong, I was very happy about) and I could faintly smell the medication that Stiles always took.

My eyes were soon locked on the small figure on the bed after I got over the initial hit from Stiles' scent. Even though his slight frame was covered in the thick duvet, his sent was still as strong as ever.

I made my way over to the bed and carefully sat down on the edge of the matrices. I looked longingly at Stiles' beautiful sleeping face. He looked so at peace as he slept. Like he had no worries in the world. But I know that that wasn't true. Not true at all. We all had worries. As his Alpha and mate, I wanted to help take away all the worries that Stiles had and make him happy. But unfortunately, instead of making his list of worries go away, I have only added to the ones already on his list.

As I thought about my mate, I absentmindedly traced his cheek with the tips of my fingers. I knew that if I didn't have physical contact with my mate soon my inner wolf would eventually snap and frighten Stiles away forever. And if that happened I don't know what I would do. I couldn't just go and take any human or were as my mate. The Moon Goddess blesses you with a mate and that mate is for life.

I would give everything to make Stiles happy. But the first thing I have to do is get Stiles to feel safe around the pack and not just around Scott. Hopefully Stiles should get on with Lydia and Alison fairly quickly anyway as they already know each other anyway. Erica, Boyd and Issac ware in at least one of Stiles' classes each so they must have meet at some point. So that just left me. I'm a couple of years older then the rest of the pack so none of them ever saw me in school, and because of the Hale family fortune I don't need to work so there is no way that Stiles saw me in a store or business of any kind. But that was okay. I would just have to start from scratch with Stiles. And I know the perfect way to start getting him used to me. I just had to start simple. Start with Something small that he wont know is there. Something like my own scent! That would be perfect!

Now that I have a step 1 of how to get Stiles, it was time to carry it out. I gently got of the bed and made my way over to the closet. All of the clothes in here already smelt like me anyway so that helped out a lot, but just to be safe I took of my T-shirt and pants and switched them for a clean pair. I neatly folded the clothes that I just took of and left them on the top of the chest of draws. I left a small note on top of the pile of clothes saying that they were clean and they were for Stiles to change into when he woke up. But as I didn't want to freak him out I said that the note was from Scott instead of from me.

I walked over to the bed and gave Stiles a feather light kiss on his forehead before making my way to the door. I made sure that the door was properly closed before making my way to the Centre to check on the rest of the pack.

Even if they all are nearly adults they all acted like children, except for Lydia and Alison. And sometimes Boyd (though Boyd only acts like a child with Erica).

But there was no harm in checking.