Chapter 1

A'Nae POV

"A'Nae you look good girl. stop tripping." Tisha told me as i was getting dressed for school. she stayed the night with me. she was already dressed in some leggings, bandeau, cardigan and some sandals. she looked good. "but i want Vahji to notice me." i told her. i mean we never know. he might just notice me today. "alright. wear this" she handed me some high waisted jeans, half shirt, and my Jordans. i smiled and went to go get dressed. i put my hair in the bun. we grabbed our stuff and headed out the door. we have to walk since my mom took the car to work today. 

we walked inside the school and went straight to our lockers that were next to eachother. i put all my things away except my purse. wasn't in the working mood today. i felt somebody behind me. i turned around and it was nobody besides Talia. Vahji's girlfriend. "wassup whore ? which guy were you with last night ?" she taunted me. she had her room to be calling somebody a whore. before she got with Vahji she was sleeping with any guy that gave her the time of  day. "im not like you Talia. sorry" i spat at her. i was about to turn around when she slapped me. not that she really had the nerve. i punched her in her mouth and she backed up into the wall. before she could get back to me Vahji took her by the waist. "let me beat her ass Vahji ! get off me !" she screamed. he let her go and she charged at me. i moved out the way and grabbed her ponytail around my hand and started pounding her in her head. i was tired of her picking on me all the time and me not doing anything. b.tch was gonna pay. four teachers had to pull us away from eachother. "your gonna pay for this A'Nae ! watch your back !" she breathed at me. shes so wack. "shut yo ratchet ass up Talia. you aint about nothing. h.e ass ! let me go !" i screamed struggling out the teachers embrace, but it was no use.

i was now sitting in the principles office. he was just sitting there shaking his head at me. i don't know why. i don't think i did anything wrong. Talia got what was coming for her. she brought this upon herself. nobody but herself. "im really disappointed in you Ms. Brandon" he spoke to me. he disappointed in me ? well i guess i barely get in trouble. fact i don't get in trouble at all. "i guess. but she came up to me, calling me a whore. she brought that ass whooping to herself. i don't think i should be in here or in trouble" i shrugged. i don't care what nobody says. "well since this is your first time in my office imma let you off with a warning" i thanked him and made my way out his office. Talia was sitting in the chair with a black eye and her nose was bleeding. she mugged me and i winked. talking all that sh.t, but couldn't back it up.

when i walk out the office, Vahji was right there leaning on the wall staring at me. i shrugged and walked away. when i turned the corner somebody grabbed my arm. i turn around about to yell tired of people putting they hands on  me, but stopped when i saw it was Vahji. his hand felt good on my arm. i pulled away and just stood there waiting for him to talk. "well do you have something to say ?" i asked him. he stared at me for a couple more seconds before he spoke "who do you think you are putting your hands on my girl like that ?" he asked with a look of anger surrounding his face. boy please. "who does your girl think she is calling me a whore then slapping me in my face?" i snapped at him. "you prolli are." he declared with no care in the world. "no im not. she just needs somebody to pick on since her hoeing days are over i guess. she mad cause im prettier and my body look better than hers. keep her ass in check and tell her to leave me alone and we wont have no problems. i don't have time to be dealing with ratchets." i told him. i looked at him and he was checking me out. i shook my head and walked away. he grabbed my arm again and i was about to slap him, but he caught my hand. "don't you ever try to put your damn hands on me" he said to me through clenched teeth. "get off." he smirked, but didnt let go. "whats your name ma ?" he asked me. "A'Nae" he let me go and i walked away. i turned around to see if he was following and he wasn't. he winked at me and turned around back to where the office was.

i knew Vahji was gonna somehow notice me today, just wished he noticed me a different way and not cause i beat his girlfriends ass.