Dear Diary

"But mother...!"

"No means no, Serenity. It is enough that I allow you and Endymion to visit each other whenever you please, but I cannot have you getting too involved on Earth, especially in unfamiliar territory."

"What's going on?" I walked into the room after eavesdropping.

"Serenity wants to go to a concert with Endymion tomorrow night," the queen calmly explained. "But it is taking place in what is known as a somewhat dangerous town."

"But mother, he's the prince of the whole Earth! And all of his generals will be there to protect us. We will be fine!"

"Serenity, you are my daughter and the princess of this kingdom. I cannot risk your safety like that."

"Well... if it's any consolation, Your Highness," I began, "I personally trust them to keep her safe. I could go with her if that would make you feel better about it?"

"That's very kind of you to offer, Venus, but I don't want to make you do that."

"No really, I don't mind. I can get Mercury to cover my patrol."

The queen thought for a moment. "Very well. I have, after all, entrusted you as her head guardian. I shouldn't be conditional about it."

"YES! Thanks friend!" The princess excitedly squeezed me into a hug and left the room to tell Endymion.

Well, I thought, I guess that counts as making amends.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Dear Diary,

I'm going to some concert on Earth tomorrow night. I mostly volunteered to go in an effort to make up with Serenity, which was successful to say the least. But also... I can't lie, I liked the idea of being able to spend time with Kunzite, knowing he'd be there.

Ugh. I need to stop. That stupid dream I had has been messing with my head. I don't need a relationship right now. I'm fine where I'm at. I'm Serenity's head guardian and need to focus on that. How am I to do that if I'm always hanging out with some guy? Plus... Kunzite's just... interesting. He was really pissing me off at first during that party, before he decided to be charming and all that. Or maybe he was just being sassy because I was. I don't know. Let's just see what happens at this concert I guess.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The small town the concert was taking place at was about an hour's drive away from where Endymion's palace was. We rode in a fancy limousine, during which Serenity was updating me on her life and all the adventures she and Endymion had during the time we weren't speaking. The four generals were sort of off on their own, just chilling on the other side. I finally got to meet Jadeite, Nephrite and Zoisite, all of whom were either dating or interested in the other guardians. Ironic. I tried not to worry about Kunzite too much, but sometimes it was just hard. I couldn't help but turn my head back and get a quick glance at him every so often, though I pretended not to actually care, and really tried to convince myself that I honestly didn't.

That town seemed a little sketchy, not gonna lie, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The venue was nice at least. It was indoors, but the roof was open. This was an acoustic concert starring a folk band called Run River North, one of Endymion's favorite groups. It was nice, soothing music. I could tell they were passionate. We were all seated up in a private balcony since we were with the prince.