Kunzite would be training the military today, so I spent the day on the moon, hanging out with the other guardians and doing my usual kingdom patrol. At the end of my shift I watched the sun go down like I always did. I wondered if he was watching it too?

A couple of days passed and I hadn't heard from him. We didn't really plan the next time we'd meet up, but I knew he was busy. Endymion has been working those four generals like crazy lately and really focusing on strengthening their military. I don't know why, but it's been happening. I figured I'd give it a couple more days or so and then go down and see him if I still didn't hear anything.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Gentlemen!" Endymion assembled his four generals. "There is someone I'd like you to meet. This is Beryl. She will also be a commanding officer for our troops along with you four."

A sweet looking woman with red hair stepped forward, standing up straight and dressed in uniform. "Thank you, kind Prince," she said in a flirty tone of voice before facing the others. "It is an honor to be working with you all."

"I am Kunzite, the lead commanding officer." He stepped forward and respectfully bowed. "You will be working mostly with me."

"With all due respect, Your Majesty," Jadeite cut in, "why do we need another commanding officer? The four of us are doing just fine, and it's not like we're going to war or anything right now."

"Lately I've been sensing a heavy darkness on this planet," Endymion said in a firm tone, indicating that he was worried. "Something tells me that we might be going to war soon, for a reason that's unknown to me right now. I just want us to be prepared in advance for the worst. Beryl here is a veteran of the army, and though she is young, she knows what she's doing. We could really use her."

"We will do as you wish, Your Majesty," Kunzite said with a bow. "Come with me, Beryl. We have work to do."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

My designated waiting time had passed. It was time to go down to visit Kunzite and see how he was doing with all that work he was given. Gosh I missed him.

I stepped into the portal and teleported over, and found troops marching and training all over the place. I saw Jadeite, Zoisite and Nephrite all training different groups, as well as some woman I'd never seen before. I assumed Kunzite was either on some kind of break or given a different task for the day. I went out to the garden to search around.

I didn't find him out there, but I did find Endymion kneeling over by the fountain, praying. I waited for a bit as to not interrupt. When he finished and opened his eyes, he came over to greet me.

"Good afternoon, Venus. Are you looking for Kunzite?"

"Yeah, do you know where he is?"

"He should be in the workout room today. We've all been trying to build our strength."

"Okay, thanks." I turned around and began walking towards the castle, before pausing for a second and turning back. "Endymion? Are you all right? You seem stressed."

"I've been better, but I'm fine. Thank you for your concern though. I've just had... a bad feeling lately, as if our kingdom will be threatened. I want to make sure we're ready for anything."

"Is that why you've been having your generals work so much?"

"Precisely. We've never had any real danger around here, but I just want to be safe."