Chapter 1: Pre-Pilot

Skylar's POV

     I woke up suddenly. I looked around. I was in a hospital room. How did the hell did I get here? I don't remember getting hurt or anything. I just remember going to bed. Is this a dream? No, it feels too real.

     I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. I looked the same, but there was a bite mark on my neck. A vampire bite? No, it must be something else. As much as I wish they were, vampires aren't real. Man, I wished Damon Salvatore was real.

     I walked out of the bathroom to see Marguerite MacIntyre sitting in my room. Marguerite!!! She plays the Sheriff in my favorite TV show of all time!

     "Hi, there." I said. "Hi, Skylar. I'm Sheriff Forbes. I'd like to ask you a few questions if that's okay with you." She said.

     Sheriff Forbes? Is this some alternate universe I'm in? I hope so. I'm gonna have some fun with this. I decided to roll with it.

     "I don't mind. What do you need?" I asked as I sat on the bed.

     "Do you remember what happened? How you were attacked?" She asked.

     "Not at all. I don't remember anything." I said.

     "Well, you went on a jog and some sort of animal attacked you. A man found you in the woods and called 911." She said.

     "Wow. When do I get to go home?" I asked. Typical. They always cover up vampire attacks with animal attacks on the show. I don't know how long I will be here, but I hope to meet the Originals.

     "Your mother is coming to pick you up soon." She said, "I'll leave you to it. Gotta run. Feel better, Skylar."

     I nodded and smiled and she left.

*****************************************************************************************************

     A woman that I have never seen before came into my room and said, "Ready to get out of this place?" I guess that is my so called 'mom'. 

     I nodded and I was already dressed.

     We walked to the front desk, where she signed me out, and we left and got in the car. 

     "Look, I know you're angry at me for moving here. And then you get attacked. I understand if you want to move somewhere else." She said with a guilty look. 

     "I don't want to move back, Mom. And it's not your fault I was attacked. I like it here." I said with a smile.

     I was not going to move away from Mystic Falls. 

     She smiled and replied, "Okay. I'm glad you feel that way. And tomorrow's your first day of junior year and at your new school, so I got you something. I'll show you at the house." 

     "You didn't have to get me anything, Mom." I said, but smiled nonetheless. It was weird calling this woman Mom.

     "I wanted to. Besides, it's good to get your daughter a gift every once in a while." 

     "Thanks, Mom." I smiled and we rode in silence back to the house. 

     I noticed our house was on Maple Street, the same as Elena's. I guess I will bring them cookies. I do this when we move to get the neighbors on my good side. And I want to meet Elena.

     I walked inside and changed into something more pretty. I was just wearing a tee shirt and jeans. I changed into a yellow tank top that you tie around your neck, jean shorts, black heel boots, and my leather jacket.