Chapter 4: The Night of the Comet Part I

I groaned as I slowly found my way back to consciousness. I opened my eyes and my hand flew to my neck. There was a bandage. I sat up and immediately regretted it. I gripped my head as it began to throb ferociously. I didn't notice Stefan sitting in the chair beside me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"You're my friend. Why wouldn't I be here?" He asked.

I sighed, I can't tell Stefan anything or I'll ruin Damon's plan. I thought that he would hear me out. Guess not. I forgot how much of a douche he was in season one. I don't even know what I am going to do. Should I stick with Damon and try to take Vicki's place, except for the stake to the heart? I've always wanted to be a vampire. We'll see. I'll just have to be careful.

"I was just walking in the woods, and then he attacked me." I said.

"I'm so sorry. He tends to ruin my life. He's trying to run me out of here, but I won't let him do this to me again." He said as anger crossed his features. 

"I'm so sorry, Stef." I said. 

I am so conflicted. I've always liked Damon since the beginning. Even when he was being bad. He was only doing what he had to to get his love. I hate betraying Stefan. He's been so nice to me.

"Oh, here." Stefan said and bit his wrist and put it to my mouth. 

I drank his salty blood. My bite healed itself completely.  

"Can you wait for me outside? I need to get dressed." I said. 

He nodded and went outside and shut the door.

I took off my hospital gown and slipped on the clothes I wore to the bonfire. I stepped outside and checked out. Stefan drove me home. 

"Thanks for the ride, Stefan." I said and went inside. I put on some pajamas and laid down in my bed and began to just think about my plan. 

I mean, I don't want to die, but if I get on Damon's good side he might turn me. That would be so cool. Maybe I could just take Vicki's place, except for her death on Halloween. I don't even know, I guess we'll see how it will play out. It was 2 am and I needed to go to sleep. I got lost in my thoughts and slowly drifted back to the oh so familiar blackness.

I groaned and covered my head with a pillow as my alarm clock blared. I reached over and thumped the top until I hit the snooze button. I sat up, yawned, and stretched. I stood and got into the shower.

I dried off and put my outfit that I laid out on.

I drove to school and met up with Elena and Stefan in history

I drove to school and met up with Elena and Stefan in history. Then I had to listen to Mr. Tanner's lecture. Bleh.

He started talking about the comet.

"Originally discovered nearly five centuries ago, it hasn't passed over Mystic Falls in 145 years."

I zoned out and noticed Elena and Stefan gawking at each other. I chuckled at them.