Chapter 2: Pilot Part I

I woke up from my sleep and noticed I was still in this alternate universe. I got out of my bed and got a shower. I washed up and got out and dried off. I blow dried my hair and curled it. I put on ripped blue jeans and a pink Forever 21 tank top with my leather jacket and black heel boots. I put on eyeliner and mascara and put on my new necklace. 

I went downstairs and grabbed a cup of coffee and made my way to Elena's. 

I walked up to their porch and knocked. The door opened and I saw Jeremy. I smiled. 

"Hey, Jeremy. How are you this fine morning?" I asked. 

He smiled back and said, "I'm doing good. How about you?" He asked. 

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." I said. 

"Come on in." He said and opened the door wider. 

I walked in and saw Jenna exclaim, "Toast, I can make toast!" 

"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena said, pouring herself a cup. Jeremy came over and took it out of her hand. She glared, but poured another. I walked beside her and leaned against the counter. 

"Need lunch money?" She asked, holding out a 5 dollar bill. Jer snatched it out of her hand. "A number two pencil? What am I missing?" She asked. 

Elena turned around, "Don't you have that big presentation today?" She asked. 

"I'm meeting with my thesis adviser," She looked down at her watch, "Now. Crap!" She exclaimed, taking her hair down and fumbling with her purse. 

"Go, we'll be fine!" Elena said. 

"You sure?" Jenna asked, hesitant to leave. 

"Yes! Now go!" Elena smiled. 

"Bye guys!" Jenna yelled as she went out the door. 

I heard a car horn honk. Elena looked at me and said, "That's my friend Bonnie. She is taking us to school today. Come on," She said with a smile and gestured me outside. 

We walked outside and got in Bonnie's car. I sat in the backseat. Bonnie noticed me and smiled. 

"Hi, I'm Skylar. I'm new here and Elena is my neighbor." I said smiling. 

Bonnie turned around and held her hand out towards me and said, "Hey, I'm Bonnie, It's a pleasure to meet you." 

"Pleasure's mine." I said with a smile. I buckled up and she started driving. I zoned out as she started talking about her being psychic to Elena. 

"Elena! Back in the car!" Bonnie exclaimed. 

"I did it again, didn't I?" She asked, "You were saying?" 

I popped my head in between them and said, "She's psychic now." I chuckled and sat back down. 

They laughed and Elena said, "Fine predict something about me." Elena said.  I prepared for the swerve and held onto the door handle. 

Bonnie sighed and said, "I see.." and then Damon's crow flew into the window. I gasped and Bonnie swerved onto the side of the road and stopped. 

"Didn't see that one, did you?" I teased. 

"Not helping." Bonnie said, giving me a deadpan look, "What was that? Oh, my god, Elena, are you okay?" She asked. 

"It's okay. I'm fine." Elena said. 

"It was like a bird or something. It came out of nowhere." Bonnie said. 

"Really, it's okay. I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life." She said. I scrunched up my eyebrows pretending to be confused but I already know what happened. I sat up in my seat and put my hand on her shoulder in a comforting manner.