Chapter 5: The Night of the Comet Part II

I didn't even remember falling asleep until I awoke from someone shaking me fiercely. I opened my sleepy eyes and saw Stefan towering over me with concern written on his face. 

"Stefan?"

"Sky! Thank god you're okay. What happened? I just got home and found you down here."

"I was talking to Damon and he sped me down here and locked me up. I'm trying to make nice with him, but he is scared that I know something."

"Do you?"

"No! Nothing that concerns you."

He helped me up and brought me upstairs and he started to converse with his 'Uncle'.

"What is Damon doing here? Why did he come home?" Zach asked.

"Because I came home. He wants to make my life miserable That's how he enjoys his."

Wrong.

"Well, he's putting us all at risk. This girl in the hospital could talk."

"I don't think she will talk to anyone." I winked at Stef and he knew what I meant. "But I feel like other things will happen, though. Bad things." 

"Yeah. She won't. I took care of her. And Skylar's gut instincts are usually on point."

"You both are sure?" Zach said, looking skeptical.

"I don't know. Damon is a whole lot stronger than me. We'll deal with anything when we cross that bridge."

Stefan started to walk out but Zach started talking.

"Is she worth it? This girl you came back for?"

Stefan stopped and looked at me, as if asking me if I know.

I smirk and gently nod my head.

He grins and walks out and I follow.

"Let's go see the comet!" I giggle and jog to my car outside and realize I gave it to Elena.

I groan. 

"Hop on." Stefan says and leans down.

"Ooh, a flash speed piggy back ride? For little old me?" I chuckle.

Stef chuckles and says, "Of course, milady."

I climb onto his back and hold onto his shoulders for dear life. Suddenly we were at the town square. 

"I'll be right back." I said to Stefan and walked over to Elena and Caroline.

"Hey, I got candles!" Caroline lit mine, I lit Matt's, Matt lit Elena's and Elena walked over and lit Stefan's.

"Thank you," Stefan said. "Hi."

"Hi." Elena walked away and looked up at the comet.

Stefan walked over and stood next to her while I stood closely behind.

"You know that comet...It's been traveling across space for thousands of years. All alone."

"Yeah, Bonnie says that it's a harbinger of evil."

"I just think it's a ball of snow and ice, trapped on a path it can't escape. And once every 145 years, it gets to come home." 

He paused and turned so he was looking at both Elena and I.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I wasn't myself."

"You seem to spend a lot of time apologizing." Elena said.