9 - Meeting his Mate

Luke had a firm grip on Alex's waist as he led her to arrivals. It took a while but eventually they managed to separate the fight. The airport was unexpectedly busy, full with cranky business men and women.

They stood patiently and waited, Zach was sent to get food and check the arrivals board. At this point he was on everyone's last nerve.
"You can't blame him you know." Alex looked up at Luke as he spoke.
"I mean, the three months before I met you I was Zach. Except replace his annoyingness with anger. I was hell on this pack and you saved me. I was on the brink, my wolf almost insane because you were far away and hurt. The only difference here is his wolf is happy. He knows what is about to happen and he can't wait for it. It is going to be the best day of his life. It will change everything for him so he can't help this. He is not the one to blame. We just have to wait it out and slag him off later."
Alex huffed.
"You know i'm right."
"Doesn't mean I have to like it" she grumbled.
"Come on set a good example for our future baby"

Zach sprinted towards them, he attempted to talk but it came out in short pants
"Friend........flight.....landed.........5 minutes.......watch..........doors"
The just stared at him.
"Wow you need to train more." Zach glared at her, hoping his looks would do some damage to the smirking woman in front of him.
"Just watch the doors, where's Bonnie and Aaron?"
"I'm not sure....go fetch" she winked and he growled which did nothing but earn him a hard stare from his Alpha.

Alex stared at the dull grey, steel barrier that marked the sharp corner from baggage claim. She grew impatient and her foot began to tap against the laminate floor. Luke chuckled, drawing her attention,
"I've never seen you so nervous, even when we were going to get the scan. It's quite cute."
Alex had a sharp witted comment at the tip of her tongue but the familiar face in the crowd left her mind blank. Without realising it her feet began to move her closer to April at an alarming speed. She weaved in and out of people, she narrowly avoided suitcases and she tackled April in a massive bear hug.
"Whoa take it easy tiger, you need to watch yourself and my little niece or nephew in there."
Alex slowly removed her face from April's hair and beamed at her.
"I missed you so much, don't ever leave me again. I trust no one else. Also no one knows about the baby. How was the flight? Did you sleep well? Want something to ea-"
April placed her hand over Alex's mouth in an attempt to quieten her down.

"Is she always like this?" April acknowledges Luke with a nod and a small smile.
"She has her moments that's for sure" He smirked, remembering earlier events.
Luke led them outside to the car. He had mind linked the others to meet them there. Aaron and Bonnie had the task of running Zach around the airport and tiring him out to the point of exhaustion so that when he meets April for the first time he doesn't go all 'mine' on her. It is a well executed plan in theory.

They got out of the elevator on the second floor of the car park. The car barely visible but the second they stepped out Zach's messy blonde hair shook as his head snapped in their direction. Walking beside Luke, Alex brushed her hand off his. He took this sign and encased her tiny hand in his. She squeezed his hand in fear, excitement and anticipation.

Zach caught a scent that drove his wolf crazy, it got stronger and stronger as Luke approached with Alex by his side and an unknown woman. The intense smell of orange chocolate was intoxicating. He couldn't keep his eyes off the red headed beauty standing to Alex's left. They came to a stop by the car.

Alex cleared her throat.
"Guys this is April, April these are my friends. Bonnie is attached to Aaron and this is Zach."
April looked up through her lashes not expecting her company to be quite this tall. She barely reached his shoulder. Eventually she made eye contact and was shocked to find his eyes are emerald green and sparkled like a jewel.
Zach stared into her forest green eyes and it felt as if the entire world stopped. He took a sharp inhale and forgot to let go. He was entranced and couldn't break out of it but he didn't mind. He could stay like this forever. He had been waiting long enough.
Without realising it one word slipped his lips. It was quiet, it was clear, it was only audible to those with supernatural hearing.
"Mate"
As soon as the word passed his lips Aaron grabbed ahold of the back of his top. Alex linked her arm with Aprils as Luke took a fairly casual step forward.
"I think it's time we get a move on don't you?" Luke quickly succeeded at diffusing the situation.

"Nice to meet you all" April finally spoke.
She stood there awkwardly as the new people surrounding her stood by the car doors. She found her breath uneven and her pulse elevated. She is nervous.
Confused by her own reaction she analysed the situation.
An old friend, that old friends baby and fiancé who she has interacted with before and three strangers. Three strangers who are deemed not a threat by one of the best Marines that she has ever encountered. Three strangers that Alex is willing to talk to, travel with and allow near her baby. She found no reason to be nervous but can't help the fact that she is.

A small beep signalled the car doors unlocking. Just before the chaos to get in, April's voice brought them to a halt.
"So will I just get a cab?" Only then did it dawn on them that the car was full on the way up and now there is one extra person. Alex slowly hit her head off the car door repeatedly.
"Uh Aaron and I will just get a cab, yeah? All is fine. It's all good. Lets not get our panties in a twist."
April eyed Alex, making sure her stress levels didn't get the better of her. She is so focused on looking after her friend and new patient that she didn't notice Zach smiling at her in admiration.
"Okay, Aaron and Bonnie we'll meet you at home. Zach you're in the front with me and the two ladies can catch up in the back." Luke spoke with authority and his word is final.

But that didn't stop Zach trying to protest.
"Whhhhhhhhhhy" he whined like a toddler.
"Because I said so" with that they got into a car and settled down for their long journey.

The journey home went a lot quicker for them. Zach was at rest, happy to be close to his mate. He did make a few attempts to get closer but Luke used his Alpha commands and it was smooth sailing. By the time they arrived home the sun was out and the pack land is alive with people.