13 - a night to remember

Alex woke up to the sound of muttering coming from the hallway. She kept her eyes closed and tried to drift off to sleep to finish her dream but the harsh whispers outside her door prevented her from doing that. Huffing in annoyance and accepting that she isn't getting back to sleep Alex decided to listen before shouting at the unknown person outside. Pulling back the covers, she sat up yawning. Her bump now quite large restricting her from leaning any further forward.
"of course they had to be fucking wolves, why couldn't they be something harmless like sloths that don't do anything. But nooo they have to be over grown dogs with fucking sharp teeth." Alex rolled her eyes as April took a break from her rant.
"will I have to get a rabie shot?" she thought out loud.
Alex couldn't hold in a laugh as she slipped one of Luke's jumpers over her head before opening the door to reveal a surprised looking April.
"No they do not have rabies although he will want to bite you." Alex informed her as she closed the door to their room, leaving Luke sleep peacefully. April looked absolutely horrified as Alex laughed and slung her arm over April's shoulder.

In the kitchen April and Alex worked in unison. Gliding around the kitchen, singing along to the radio and making small talk as they make breakfast. As the smell of bacon filled the house, the kitchen began to fill. Luke was no where to be seen. Zach's eyes wouldn't leave April as she did her best to keep herself occupied but she couldn't help but sneak a few glances his way. Each time she would catch him already looking at her, which caused a red tinge to spread across her cheeks as she served breakfast. Their hands touched as she placed his plate down in front of him. Her eyes snapped up to meet Zach's. In that moment it was just the two of them. Until Aaron took his opportunity to interrupt, as Zach had done to him and Bonnie many times before.
"So April how are you feeling now?" He chuckled at the end of his question. April's eyes widened in embarrassment.
"Why what happened?" Zach immediately questioned.
"Well you see she came in last night, arms flailing, warning Bonnie ab-"
"OH MY GOD THESE EGGS ARE AMAZING ALEX." April subtly changed the topic.
"Have you tried them yet Aaron? Maybe you should shut up and eat before they get cold." April lowly commented, with a sharp glare.

The table erupted in laughter as Aaron put a fork full of food into his mouth with a scowl.
"Where's Luke? Don't tell me he's already doing pack business." Bonnie asked, directing the question to Alex who is over at the sink washing up. Just as she was about to reply she put a pot on the drying rack but it slipped, flying to the ground with a loud clatter that rung through the house. Struggling she bent as her knees to pick it up after she recovered from the shriek she had let out.
"Are you okay?" Zach asked her, looking at her weirdly.
"Sore back" she shrugged his concern off. Readdressing Bonnie's question, she barely said one word when a menacing growl cut her off. The floor vibrated.
"Someone's up" Alex commented.
"Someone's angry." Aaron added.
"what?" April looked around utterly confused by the lack of reaction or concern showed by the other people in the room.

Zach threw his arm over her shoulder and pulled her chair closer to his. Leaning down he kissed her temple, offering her reassurance as loud footsteps approached. The door swung open to reveal Luke, the person they were all expecting. His eyes darting around looking for one person. A whistle broke the silence in the room. His eyes snapped to Alex standing by the sink, waiting for his attention. He visibly relaxed, letting out a breath of air. Alex said nothing as she simply opened her arms, seconds later she was engulfed in a hug.

"What the hell just happened?" April asked in a quiet voice after the situation diffused slightly.
"He woke up in bed without his mate, awakened by a loud bang and her screaming. He thought she was in danger. He was worried. He is an Alpha so he is more possessive and protective than any man you will meet. Basically Zach and myself times ten. Now Alex is keeping him calm, reassuring him that she is fine and won't be leaving him. Simple stuff really." Aaron shrugged it off as if it was nothing.