Chapter 1

**William**

There she was...standing across the room and she was absolutely stunning. Her beautiful smile, big curly hair, and her breathtaking eyes. I knew the girls at this church were beautiful but I didnt think they were as beautiful as her.

Skylar. A beautiful name for such a beautiful person. As I looked at her I couldn't remember why I never talked to her but then I remembered my so called girlfriend Mikayla. She's way too clingy, possesive, and childish. I can't even hang out with my boys without her breathing down my back. I had to let her go.

My friend Brian invited me to his church. I didn't know what to expect. All he told me is that it was fun and there was basketball so I decided to give it a chance. Brian's girl, Kayla is the one who invited him to the church. Kayla was sweet and pretty. I'm not sure how a guy like Brian ended up with a girl like her. Kayla's parents drove all of us to church every week. There's eight of us in total; four boys and four girls. The girls usually go in one car while the guys went in another.

Skylar and I knew of each other but we've never actually had a conversation. "Staring isn't polite" Josh said pulling me out of my thoughts. "Man, be quiet. I wasn't staring." I said. "You really were." Rob said. "What'd I miss?" Brian said as he approached us. Brian and Robert were biological brothers but the four of us were so close we were all practically brothers. "Will was staring at Skylar again." Rob said. They stood around me in a circle. "You have to tell her or at least talk to her." Josh said. "I can't. What about Mikayla?" I said. "What about Mikayla?" Josh and Rob said at the same time. "She's not making you happy so you've gotta go. Live you're life man" Josh said. "Okay" I said and we found our seats.

Rob was the shortest but he was the oldest. He always had something to say. Brian was shorter than me and Josh and wore glasses. Josh had the darkest skin of all of us but was the funniest. I had the lightest skin because I'm black and white but most people think I'm Hispanic. Sometimes when I went out with them I felt put of place because my skin was so light but I'd make jokes about how I'm their adopted half white brother.