Chapter 2

**Skylar**

Kayla has been really nice to me since I started coming here. Her mom told my mom about this youth group. It's really fun but there are a lot of cliques. One of these cliques includes my clique. Which consists of Me, Kayla, Victoria, and Kailah. It can be a little confusing with two people in out group with the same name but we call Kayla Kay and Kailah Lahlah. Everyone just calls me Sky.

We were all sitting in the living room at Kayla's house because we were having a girl's day. "So...since all of us have our own guys. We should find you one." Victoria said to me. Victoria was mixed with black and Puerto Rican, had big curly hair and was pretty moody at times. "Okay. Who did you have in mind?" I asked.
"Well there are a couple of guys from my school that you might like."
"Umm....guys from your school?"
"Yeah"
"I don't know about that. Remember Jean?"
"Jean...what about him?"
"He's kinda creepy."
"No he's not. He's just...Jean."
I shook my head "Okay."
"How about Will?" She asked.
"Like William from church? Brian's friend?"
"Yeah."
"He's pretty cute but doesn't he have a girlfriend?"
Kayla chimed in "You didn't hear this from me but I heard from my boo thang that he's single now."
"Your boo thang?" I questioned her phrase.
"Yeah...Brian."
"You're so weird." I said and laughed.
"Shut up Sky." She said.

Kayla was one of the sweetest girls I have met in my life. We hit it off almost instantly. We have a lot of the same interests. She's short, Jamaican and wears glasses but she speaks and acts like a white girl. She is beautiful but she doesn't believe it when people tell her. Her and Brian have had a thing for a while but nothing is official with them yet.