Chapter 7

**William**

My palms were sweaty and I couldn't think straight. The boys were talking about basketball as usual but I wasn't listening I was freaking out a little. "Dude. Calm down." I heard a voice say. I recognized the voice to be Rob's. "I am calm." I say as calmly as possible. "Sure." He said. We were in the car on the way to Fun Spot. The radio was playing and some songs that I recognized came on so I started lip syncing to them and dancing making the guys laugh.

We pulled up to Fun Spot. "You guys have fun." The boys' dad said. "Alright" Brian said. I decided to text Sky to see where she was. "This is gonna be so much fun." Brian said as he looked at the rides and games in front of us. Sky texted back and said that they were already inside. We bought our tickets and went in. The girls were sitting at this sitting area right when we walked in. "Hey" Kayla said as we approached them. "Hi there." Brian said in reply.

We decided to start off as a group but then separate as couples in a little bit. We raced each other in go karts, then we went to the bumper cars, after that we got snacks and decided to split up. "We'll meet back here in an hour and a half." Kayla said. We all went in different directions with our other person.

"So...are you having fun?" I asked Skylar as we walked around. "Yeah." She said and smiled. "Good." I said as we passed different carnival type games. I stopped at the one where you see how many basketball shots you can make in a minute. "You want me to win you something?" I asked her. "Sure" she said.

I grabbed the basketball and started making shots like crazy. I ended up winning her a stuffed giraffe. "That was awesome Will. I thought you were a football player?" She said. "Well I'm a man of many talents" I said and she laughed. We went on almost all the rides together and we had a blast. It was almost time for us to meet up with the others. I figured that it was now or never.

"Sky?" I said
"Yes."
"I have a question"
"Go ahead."
"Well...I was wondering if..."
"Spit it out" she said and chuckled.
"Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

She stood there staring at me in shock for a minute. "I'm not sure Will. Can I have some time to think about it?" She said shyly.
"Of course." I replied. We walked back to the spot to meet the others. "Hey guys" I said. All four of them were waiting for us. "Hey. My mom should be here in about 15 minutes" Kay said. "Until then, the girls need girl time." Brian rolled his eyes and Rob made a weird grunting noise. She giggled and the girls walked away far enough so we couldn't hear their conversation.