Chapter 6- Strip tease

Thanks for reading x

*           *           *         *               *            *   

Jade trudged along the soft, damp moss of the forest path. The tree's soft whisper against the wind was like a lullaby, soothing and warm. It was so welcoming and calm. The feeling of security was all around when, abruptly, everything changed. Her light smooth steps, turned to rough ridged stomps on the tough, rock path filled with twigs. She could no longer hear the tree's swaying movements with the breeze, they were replaced with the snapping sound of twigs being crushed behind her. For a second she could have sworn there was someone following her, her crunching foot steps were not alone. she jerked her head to get a quick glimpse of what she thought was a tall man, towering over her, but she soon came to realize it was just a thin tree, bending close-to close to the path. Frightened of her surroundings, she began to sprint. The eerie dark, green forest past in a blur beside her. she felt betrayed, like the sweet, welcoming forest had tricked her, lured her into this hell she was now trying to escape. There was still some light left in the sky, quickly being submerged by deep grey, smokey clouds. she did not want to still be here when the only thing that somewhat kept the slight feeling of safety in her heart, disappeared behind the darkness.

The pebbled path blurred below her as she felt a surge of adrenaline. The steady thump of her footsteps echoed in her ears and she felt a bead of sweat roll down her forehead. The only things stopping her from escaping the woods was her physical limits.The night had always exhilarated her; allowed her a freedom seldom experienced in her station. Behind the cloak of darkness, she could run like the tall-horned stag, waving his white tail in a gesture of peace instead of alarm. Her laughter, breathless and sporadic, was an even cadence that mingled fluently with the nightly chorus sung by the woodland beasts.

As the canopy overhead thickened, her steps grew muffled by the pine needles that blanketed the forest floor; the ground no longer cold beneath her soles. She paused. Suddenly slots-slashed across her chest as a broad shoulder collided with her.

"OW!" She cried out, Jade turned rubbing her shoulder, looking for an explanation, she looked up to see familiar eyes filled with a atrabilious gloom shading the infective positivity which he normally beheld.

"Jade! You came! I thought you'd never forgive me!" Davids cockiness soon became present.

"David what the bloody hell are you talking about?" Her eyes roved.

"My messages...why else would you be here?" He skeptically scanned her, while she pulled out her phone to see:

New seven messages from David:

David: I'm really sorry please I promise it won't happen again! xxxx

David: We need to talk...

David: Meet? xx

David: Please answer me!!

David: Meet me in the woods along the path? x

David: I'm getting the impression your still angry at me. xx

David: I'll be waiting...

Jade looked up at David, who's gazed studied Jade warily.

"That is why your here right?-For me- I mean for us... not anybody else?" He stood with his hands placed behind his back anticipating her response.

"Yeah, yeah of course!" she sighed.

"Jade I am really sorry!" He gingerly solidified becoming less confident by the second.