Chapter Three

"Do we have to go so early?" Naoki yawned. We were currently walking to Ren's place so I could pick up my things. The time was 7 in the morning.

"I already told you, I don't want to see anybody at the house. They should all be asleep right now," I told him.

"I should still be asleep right now. It's not as if I slept good. You made me sleep on the floor still," he took my hand and continued walking. It was a little weird how normal it all felt being with Naoki. My heart skipped every time he touched me. I don't think I'll ever be used to touching him like this.

"I thought it would be inappropriate to let you sleep in the same bed as me," I said.

He started to whine but I tuned him out.

I had no more need staying at Ren's house anymore. Naoki and I would go there to gather my things and my money. I would then go and stay at Naoki's. I stopped to think about fast everything was moving. It wasn't as if I just met him. We had known each other for over a year now.

"Eri, Eri, Eri," Naoki started whining louder.

"What?" I sighed.

"I asked if you were going to make me sleep on the floor forever," Naoki asked.

"Forever is a long time," I replied with a slight smile.

"Wait! Are you saying that I can be in the same bed as you tonight?" he stoped walking and I was yanked back.

"I didn't say that!" I shouted at him embarrassed.

He laughed, "that's what I heard."

I shook my head but smiled.

He pulled me into him and hugged me tightly, "You know I'm kidding right? I wouldn't push you to do something you didn't want to do."

"I know," I held onto him, resting my head on his chest.

"Hey!"a man shouted behind us, "move! You're in the middle of the sidewalk!"

I pushed Naoki away and faced the man, "bite me!"

The man was shorter than average, had a beer gut, and was balding. He was no match for me. It would take two minutes. Tops.

Naoki pulled me against him where my back was on his chest.

He then covered my mouth with his hand, "please excuse us, sir."

The man grumbled something and walked past us. Naoki kept a tight hold on me as the man continued walking. I stuck out my tongue and licked the palm of his hand.

"Is that supposed to gross me out?" even though I could not see him, I knew that he was smirking.

I mumbled a string of curse words but did relax my body.

He chuckles and grabbed my hand. We continued on our path to Ren's house.

We eventually left the city side of Tokyo and found ourselves in the more rural side. We walked on the side of the road with green fields around us.

"Why must we walk," Naoki groaned.

"Stop crying, you baby," I smiled at him.

We walked for about fifteen more minutes until the mansion like house came into view.

It was box shaped and painted white. The grass in the front yard was lush green and the flowers bordering the house were bright colors; reds, yellows, and purples dotted with green leaves.

"Ready?" Naoki asked me.

"In a way," I said.

We walked up the bricked pathway to his front door. I pulled out my keys from my my pocket and unlocked the front door. Cold greeted me as I walked into the house.