Chapter Ten

Traveling through the streets of Tokyo at night, by myself, is one of the scariest things I have ever done so far. Well, right after being shot in the head.

I look up at the stars and for some reason it reminds me of Naoki. I feel like tomorrow I will meet up with Naoki at the gym, and we could spar with eachother like how we used to. A cold breeze sweeps through the street and I hold onto my arms. Cold. Too cold. I wish I had grabbed a jacket before I left. Why did I leave so fast? I'm sure I could have stayed the night and have somewhere warm to sleep. Where am I going to sleep now? In an alley where somebody can kill me. I laugh to myself and mumble, "Wait. Nobody can kill me." Okay, I need to be serious. I cant sleep tonight. What if someone tries to steal my money? But when will I ever sleep?

I don't have anybody else I can trust. I have no friends, not really. I didn't get along with others when I was at school. The other fighters hate me since I had always won. There's nowhere for me to go.

At least I have this bag of money. I don't need anything else. No. That's wrong. I need Naoki. But I can't drag him along on this crazy train wreck. He can still have a life with out me. I'm sure he'll find a sweet, normal girl. Not a monster like myself.

I sigh and continue walking. I don't even know where I'm walking to. It's not like I even have a plan. Maybe I should go to that stupid meeting after all. But wouldn't that mean admitting that Naoki was right. He's silly, too silly at times. But he can be smart.

I shake his image out of my head and continue traveling through the black night. I'm guessing that if this cold kills me, I'll just wake back up. It hasn't really hit yet that I'm... immortal? Can I even die from old age? Do I still age? Mr. Soto is old. So does that mean we all will get old? I continue walking and it dawns on me that I'm walking towards Ren's house.

When I left my foster mothers house I went straight to Ren. He took me under his wing. He gave me a bed and food. My thoughts darken as I think about how Ren had no problem turning me into the Ajin researchers. He killed Chika and he would have done the same to Naoki. He's an evil man and I need to kick him out of my mind.

I don't know if the black ghost killed him the other night. What if he's home? I get closer to the mansion like house and see broken glass around the house. The front door itself is busted in and hanging off the hinges. I hesitantly walk towards the door and push it open.

Ren liked keeping the house cold. So cold that I had to wear a sweater inside. So the fact that the house feels warm, let's me know that Ren must not be here. But I still walk into the house with caution.

There are holes in the wall and broken furniture thrown around the hallways. It looks like a herd of elephants rampaged through here.

Nobody is here, or at least, nobody comes out of their hiding spots to greet me. I carefully make my way to my old bedroom. The door is wide open. I hold up my fists to my face as if this would protect me if anybody was in my room. Before I enter, I take a deep breath. I jump into my room but nobody is there.

I sigh with relief and look around my room. It's more torn up than the rest of the house. The wall is torn down, my bed sheets are shredded and everything is thrown on the floor. Even my closet door is thrown down and the floor boards lay scattered across the floor. Somebody was looking for something in my room. That's obvious. I look around and see that nothing remains of my belongings. I look up at the ceiling and see a camera.

"Oh shi-" I run out of my old room and to the front, only to be greeted by bright lights.