Final Chapter- Five Years Later

The sunlight that streamed through the blinds of the window illuminated Kou's face. He was still asleep in bed and slept with a peaceful face. I had been awake for the past two hours but could not bring myself to get out of bed in fear of waking him. 

Kou always slept on his back and always fell asleep the moment his head touched the pillow. I was the complete opposite. I could not sleep on my back since I always seemed to get sleep paralysis or night terrors. It always took me a while to fall asleep, too. 

Sleeping next to Kou helped, though. Simply knowing that he was next to me would ease me. Some nights, I would get nightmares that we were back in the sewers, being buried alive by rubble. When this happened, Kou would wake up and hug me until the nightmare passed. 

I was laying on my side and reached out my hand to touch his light brown hair. His hair was soft. 

He lazily opened his eyes and grinned. 

My face blushed and before I could pull away, he held my hand in place. 

"Good morning," he smiled.

"G-good morning," I said embarrassed. 

He was still laying down and puckered his lips. 

I giggled, "what are you doing."

"Kiss. Kiss," he was still puckering his lips. 

"With your morning breath, no thanks," I laughed. 

"Are you turning me down," he frowned. A mischievous look crossed his face and he rolled over on top of me. He pinned me under him. 

His lips were still puckered, "kiss. Kiss. I need kisses."

"Kou!" I laughed, "get off of me."

Now, in reality, I could easily get him off of me. But I liked this part of Kou so I let him keep playing. 

"I won't let you out till I get a kiss," he said. 

"Okay! Okay!" I was still laughing. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. 

"Aw, that's it," he sighed and rolled over. 

"You might be able to get more after you brush your teeth," I said. 

After hearing that, he jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. I laughed to myself and walked to the bathroom. 

He was brushing his teeth in a rush. I rolled my eyes at him and started brushing my own teeth. 

"Hey, do you want to eat out for breakfast?" he asked with a mouth full of toothpaste foam. He turned on the faucet, spit, and then turned off the faucet.  Lastly,  he swished his mouth with mouth wash. 

I turned on the faucet to spit. I reached for the mouth wash and Kou handed it to me. I swished my mouth with a capful of it. 

After I spit it out I said, "sure."

A wide grin appeared on Kou's face. 

I started walking out of the bathroom, but Kou grabbed my arm and pulled me back in. 

"You said I could get a more passionate kiss after brushing my teeth," he said. 

My face started blushing again. You would think I would not be reacting this way after being together for five years now. We were engaged, for goodness sake. 

He grinned and leaned in for a kiss. My body reacted and I closed the gap between us. 

.

"Where should we eat?" Kou asked. We were walking down the street hand in hand. The apartment we lived in was surrounded by a lot of local restaurants and businesses. We usually walked wherever we went.