Chapter 1: A Day with Sung Kyoung

I kept looking at my wrist watch. She's late! I was standing in front of the amusement park, waiting for Yoon Sung Kyoung to arrive. I specifically told her to meet up at exactly nine o'clock. I even came as early as 8:30 so she wouldn't have to wait for me. It was already 9:30. She was already thirty minutes late.

I finally mustered my courage to ask her out this time, to spend a little alone time with her and know her more. I already planned out everything, the rides we were going to ride that day, the food we were going to share but as far as I could tell, it was not going according to plan.

"Where is that brute?" I mumbled.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice. "Yah, Cha Hanbin! Over here!"

I turned and saw Yoon Sung Kyoung waving at me. She was already inside the amusement park and with a small boy not older that five at her side.

"Yah! Yoon Sung Kyoung, what are you even doing there?" I looked at my spare ticket. I was supposed to give it to her. "Aishhh."

I gave my ticket to the guard and he let me through. I glared at Sung Kyoung as soon as I got to them. She was smiling, unconcerned about my frustration. She was enjoying her cotton candy while holding the boy's hand. Ah! I really want to hold her hand. I turned my gaze at the boy. Like Sung Kyoung, he was also eating a cotton candy.

"What's this?" I asked while glaring at the boy.

The boy gulped. He looked scared at me. Good.

"Yah!" Sung Kyoung almost cursed at me but remembered that we had an underage audience with us. "It's not a 'what' it's a person. His name is Cha Kim Joon. See he has the same family name as yours so you have to be nice to him."

"What do I care? I don't even know this kid." I said. I turned to look at Sung Kyoung. "How long have you been here anyway?"

"Around eight, I think?" Sung Kyoung answered indifferently and turned to Kim Joon. "Kim Joon-ah, where do you want to go?"

I was surprised. So she came to the amusement park even earlier. Does this mean that she was also looking forward to this?

"There." The kid pointed at the horror train.

"Yah!" I glared at the kid. "How come you get to choose for us?" Then I turned to Sung Kyoung. "Who is this kid anyway? Do you even know this brat?"

Sung Kyoung shook her head. "I found him standing alone at the gate. He said he was lost so I decided to bring him with me."

"Where are his parents?" I asked. "Haven't they been looking for him? We should bring this one to the nearest station and leave him there. I'm sure the policemen can take care of him."

"What a heartless scum you are." Sung Kyoung glowered. "Leaving a five-year old boy alone in there is like leaving a puppy behind without any treats."