Chapter 4: The Adventures of Sook Jun Hue

"Yah! Aren't you getting up?" I shook Chan Hyuk in his bed. I heard him groan and he shifted under his sheets. "We still have a test remember?"

I was wearing my sacks when I noticed that Chan Hyuk was still lying in his bed. Usually, he's the one who gets up first and ends up waking me. He's my personalized alarm clock.

I got up and went to his bed. I tried kicking him out from the bed. "Yah, are you seriously going to do this now? Get up already!"

I pushed him off his bed with my right foot and he fell. Chan Hyuk groaned again but this time it was more forceful. I went around the bed to check up on him. He was unconscious and looking pale than usual. I got down on my knees.

"Yah, Song Chan Hyuk. Are you okay?" I reached out to touch his forehead. It was hot. "Yah, how long have you been like this?" I looked around. "Aishh."

I helped him lie back to his bed. Chan Hyuk was shaking terribly. I checked the clock and it was almost time. If I didn't leave now, I won't make it to the test.

"Yah, Song Chan Hyuk. You're going to be alright right?" I was tapping my foot uncontrollably on the marble floor. "I have to go now. I really need to take up this test or I'll surely flank this semester."

Chan Hyuk didn't answer. He just groaned.

"I'll take that as a yes then?"

I hesitated at first but decided to leave. I moved to turn the knob of our door but paused.

"Aishh..." I went back to check up on Chan Hyuk. "Yah! Where's your medicine?"

Chan Hyuk moved. He stirred under his sheets and the next thing I knew, a hand popped out under his blanket. He pointed his drawer and I went there to look for his medicine. I finally found it and headed towards the kitchen and got some water.

"Yah, you still alive in there?" I put down the glass of water on the bedside table. "Get up. You need to drink this to make yourself better."

Chan Hyuk struggled to get up. He was taking so much time just getting up so I helped him. I gave him his pill and he drank it.

"Yahhh..." I slumped back on my chair beside Chan Hyuk's bed, feeling tired. "Seriously, I can't believe you made me do all these. Who do you think I am? I'm Sook Jun Hue for crying out loud."

I paused. I didn't know what to do next. I can't exactly go back to class now and ask the teacher to give me the test, it would be too late. And who's going to take care of Song Chan Hyuk? Wait a minute, why do I have to be the one to take care of him? We're not friends. Just then, a voice came out inside my head. May be it was my conscience. Yah! Sook Jun Hue! Song Chan Hyuk is not a stranger. He's your roommate for crying out loud. I began nodding to myself.

"That's right, Sook Jun Hue." I began patting myself. "You're not as insensible as you think you are. You still have a heart."

I took a deep breath, feeling refreshed.