Chapter 6: The Curse of Choi Dong Hyuk

There was a special event for our Home Economics class and every first year student was required to participate

There was a special event for our Home Economics class and every first year student was required to participate. We were at the boys' locker room getting ready when Jun Hue tapped me by my shoulder. We were allowed to wear our P.E. uniform that day. Sung Jae and the others were tying their shoe laces already when I stirred on the chair I was trying to take a nap.

"Yah, Dong Hyuk-ah." Jun Hue shook me. "Wake up. God! You're so carefree."

I sat up and tried to tie my shoe laces but when I was halfway through, my laces broke. I just stared at my shoes not sure what to do with it. Bobby might've seen me looking lost since he knelt beside me.

"Did the lace break?" Bobby asked and I nodded in return.

"What?" Jun Hue immediately ran towards me. "Omo, it really did break."

"Seriously?" B.I. almost laughed. "Let us take a look."

I showed them my shoe with a broken lace.

"They say..." Sung Jae stood and looked at us. "...that when this kind of thing happens, it means that bad luck will come to the person who broke it."

"Yah, don't be like that." Jun Hue shivered. "You're scaring me man. I mean, you're scaring Dong Hyuk over here."

"I'm just saying." Sung Jae shrugged and moved to leave. "Let's go. The teachers are waiting for us."

Bobby turned to me before leaving with the others. "You still have a spare shoes right?"

I nodded once again.

Bobby laughed. "Seriously? Do you ever talk? Just get your spare shoes and follow us at the auditorium okay?"

I nodded one last time. I wore my spare shoes and went to join the others at the auditorium. Although my friends and I were in different classes, the teachers decided to shuffle us for this particular event, giving us the freedom to be with our friends. I saw my friends huddled together in the center of the auditorium. I went there and saw a space beside Jun Hue so I sat there. Not far from us, sat Gu So Hyun and her friends talking excitedly with themselves.

My friends were also talking with themselves when Jun Hue noticed me sitting beside him. "Yah, when did you just arrive?" I was about to answer but Jun Hue interrupted me. "Hold on. Why are you sitting there?"

I scowled.

"Oh boy, get up."

Jun Hue forced me to stand so I stood and felt something sticking on my butt. It was a bubble gum.

"Holy hell!" Jun Hue was shaking his head. "Yah, I think Sung Jae was right about that bad luck thing."

I just shook my head in frustration. Was it true? Am I really cursed? The teacher in-charge of the activity went to the stage and gave us her instructions. She told us that we need to pair up and create a dish that would be judged by the other teachers. Whichever team wins will be exempted from the exams. That got everyone pumped up but when the teachers told us that they will choose the pairings themselves, the students began to protest.