Chapter I

I awake in a garden of golden flowers. Judging by the sunlight that seemed to be emanating from the hole I had fallen from, it's morning now. To my surprise, none of my bones felt broken even though it must have been over a hundred foot drop. My head began to pound, at least I know I'm alive. Stretching, I sit up in the beautiful bed of flowers. It's dark all around me and when I look up, the sun is blinding. I squint into the darkness, waiting for my eyes to adjust.

"Oh no, you're up," a voice says from the shadows, causing me to jump.

"Who's there?" I ask sharply, trying to make myself sound intimidating. I stand up, shaking stray leaves from my bloodied clothes. How is it possible for people to be in here? Did the police follow me down and inevitability get stuck themselves?

"You need to go back! You can't be here. You can't be alive, i-its too dangerous here. They'll kill you!" the voice shrieks in a whisper. I walk away from the sunlight to go to where the voice was coming from, but as soon as I stepped foot in the dark, the temperature changes so drastically I begin to shake from the cold.

"Who are you? Who's going to kill me? Isn't the death penalty illegal?" I inquire once more. Ignoring the cold, I walk forward a bit until I find a wilting flower. It looks similar to the other flowers I woke up in, but this one seemed different. I bend down to inspect the poor thing, but the flower suddenly turned upwards and met my eyes with pleading scared ones.

"Go! If they find you here, they'll kill you and they'll kill me! Just leave, this is no place for a kid like you!" The flower yells. His face morphs into a demon flower with black eyes and giant fangs. It was like a defense mechanism that animals use to try and scare predators away. I take a step back and blink a few times. A talking flower? Has it been genetically modified by radiation like the ones in Chernobyl? But I haven't heard of human-like flowers before... I shake off my confusion and address the plant.

"I'm not a kid," I state while keeping a clear poker face and remaining still. "Explain yourself. How are you talking? Who's going to kill me? Is this secretly an abandoned laboratory or nuclear power plant that erupted and the government hid all this information from civilians and you're a radioactive flower like the ones from Chernobyl but with a crazier genetic malformation and thus caused you to develop human genes?"

The flower frowns and just sighs. "You're that type of person aren't ya? Well, we might as well go over my explanation. . ." His personality changed so fast, I begin to think he was bipolar or something. The flower straightens his stem and put on a forced smile. I could tell he was slightly annoyed. "Howdy! I'm Flowey. Flowey the Flower. Nice to meet you, yada yada yada. What's your name?" I smile at his introduction, it was cute. I go ahead and tell him my full name, seeing as how he (kinda) gave me his full name as well.

"So Flowey, who is going to kill us? And what about my other questions?" I ask, sitting down on the ground in front of him.

"The monsters who call this place home. The Underground, which is what this place is formally known as, is filled with blood thirsty monsters who will kill you on sight. They're all evil. They're all terrifying." His face shrivels up in fear for a second before going back to his annoyed smile. "I am a monster too... a good one! But... it's complicated," Flowey gives another sigh before moving along in his story.

"Long long ago, there was a war declared against the monsters by the humans. The monsters lost the battle and were trapped here, below the surface. . . The surface, where humans like to frolic around and lollygag. There's a barrier keeping us in here, and in order to break the barrier, we need human souls very much like yours."

"Ah," I say in reply. "Human soul as in I need to die for them to harvest it sort of thing?" Flowey nods. "So if I go out there, I will more than likely die, huh?" I ask rhetorically while pointing towards the tunnel going deeper into the Underground. "Well, then, how do I get out of here then?" I ask sarcastically. I wasn't actually planning on going back.

"Well, you can always go back the way you came," he suggests.

"No can do, sir. The mountain's much too steep for that."

"Well, then, you're fucked. The only other way to get out is by breaking the barrier itself." I nod.

"Well then, I guess I better get comfortable here with you. I'm never going back up. There's nothing left for me. I screwed up really bad," I shrug. Folding my arms behind my head, I lean back and lay down on the dirt floor. I was very sure that the Underground held more for me than up above.

"I'm not sure if you're stupid or actually looking for a death wish. Maybe both. Whatever happened to you on the Aboveground, I'm certain its better than down here. Monsters lurking on every corner, waiting to eat you. . . burn you. . . torture you. . . A place like this has no need for a human like you." I was about to retort against Flowey but then a fireball shot right inbetween us, nearly setting Flowey's petals aflame.

"YOU," a voice booms from the tunnel leading to the Underground. Simultaneously, Flowey and I turn our heads to see the attacker is a tall woman with goat like features for a face. Her ears are long and her eyes red. She has fangs that are as white as her fur, it glistens from the light emanating from a floating fireball resting in her hand. "Get away from the human!" Flowey growls and puts on his scary face.

"Toriel. . ."

TO BE CONTINUED. . .

Hey kids, I'll let ya know now so that you don't go "Where's my written skeleton porn?!"

There's not smut until chapy 5. If ya want, you can go ahead and skip these first 4 chapters. But it's gonna be awhile before I post chapter 5 (after all, this is only chapter 2)

Sorry for the short chapter btw ;u;

danime_writes